Is this what Z ownership means?

Guest Falkirkfan2002

Guest Falkirkfan2002

I only got my 300ZX in Febuary and now its 'off the road'!!

I've started to upgrade/repair/replace my 'ladies' interior bits. All trim is out, dash is 75% unbolted and its now looking a sight for sore eyes.

Is this the beginning of it all.......?

Guest wild turkey

owned my zed for 9 weeks and has been off the road for 5 weeks and counting. should be excellent when done, almost total rebuild and new hybrid turbos. its just the waiting that hurts

On that basis I must be one very lucky bastard, cos the only time my zed has stopped in a year of owning it is when I did some mods for a few days.and I have done 10k in it.three oil changes and a timing belt and fuel pump and recirc valve later.

Guest jvnewcomb1961

Owned mine for 2.5 years and it has been off the road for 9 weeks in total. Driving round in a Micra each time is worth it for when I get it back though. The first few bills feel painful but wait till you get really into it and the bills get even BIGGER!

------------------

jn300tn.jpg

"Polished on drive"

156mph.jpg

"Dirty at 156mph"

---------------

Z first and anything else is secondary and live life a quarter mile at a time!

John Newcomb (NukeEm)

www.geocities.com/jn300zxtt

Had mine for approaching 4 years and it's been off the road for about 3 weeks. About a week when the auto gearbox packed up and was refurbished/replaced and nearly 2 weeks when it was converted from auto to manual earlier this year, but that doesn't really count as it was planned.

Guest Timmy_Turbo

biggrin.gif LMFAO biggrin.gif

Had mine since November 2000 and the trend seems to go like this...long period off road...very short period on road...eon period off road...few weeks on road! You get the idea? biggrin.gif wink.gif

------------------

sig.gif

lions.jpg

Guest MarkT

It's what you get, had ours best part of three years and the only time it is off the road is when we are not driving it.

Look after the engine with twice as many oil changes as Nissan recommend, change all the other lubricants (gearbox, diff, Hicas) before they are due etc etc.

So far, over 30K miles in it........ (waiting for the bang.....)

Guest Timmy_Turbo

biggrin.gif ROFL biggrin.gif

I've had my limited mileage adjusted on my Insurance policy from 10K a year to read "Local Spar and Back" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

------------------

sig.gif

lions.jpg

Guest Falkirkfan2002

The dash is out, all bits cleaned and waiting to be re-installed.

New dash will arrive at end of month, instrument facia soon and if cash permits, a new steering wheel!!! YIPEEEEEEE

Then a session down the A68 or A7, great driving roads!!