New wiper motor gone same as last one.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

if it aint switching of sounds more like a relay or switch fault, is it the front or rear wiper I had to swap wiring around for the rear wiper after fitting a new tailgate, the uk models seem to be wired up differently to the japs and my wipers wouldnt return to the correct park position

Guest andyduff

Sounds like another faulty unit to me mark. There is a wiper amplifier unit, behind the fusible links on the drivers side inner wing, near the stock boost sender ;) Did the new unit work at first?

Yep Andy it worked fine and the 2 weeks later it just went nuts. Started rainning on way home so I stuck the 20amp fuse back in and its working fine again. So the amplifier unit sounds like the culprit.

OH boll*cks what a pain in the ass job.

also Andy I'm going to have to hang on an other week with my engines for you as Leon needs one next week to jig up some fabrication work for Mr kirby. So it going to have to be week after next up to you.

• 4 months later...
Guest stu738v

Wipers coming on and off at will (front).Have bought new wiper motor (£280) & New switch on column (£85), dont want to spend any more hard earned without more information. Coincidentally Headlamp washers dont work but pressing switch sends wipers berserk. Someone suggested time control unit, dont even know where it is !

did you sort yours out ? help please........stu

Guest andyduff

There is a brownish coloured box beside the brake master cylinder IIRC - this is the wiper amp. Try replacing that with a known good one. Why oh why did you spend that much money on new parts? £20 subscription on here would have seen you with a decent s/h unit for ~£70 ;)

. Why oh why did you spend that much money on new parts? £20 subscription on here would have seen you with a decent s/h unit for ~£70

Wot he said. LOL :slap:

a "wanted ad on here would have produced BOTH ITEMs for £70.

Or just one phone call to AndyZ or David at Ricerocket and you would have had them delivered in a couple of days.

Unbelievable! :eek: