They changed me bumper!

When I was buying my car I remember someone saying that the front bumper was an after market jobby called 'impul'.

Anyway I was taking some pictures earlier to check this because I was pretty sure that I had a standard tt bumper (mines an NA though!).

Anyway then I happened to see the original auto trader picture again and what do I notice? The bumpers are actually different!

Now I'll try to put the pics here but if not can you check my rides and confirm that the bumper on my car now is in fact a standard tt bumper.

So thats weird if they changed the bumper on the car before they sold it to me. But the interior pics of the car are also different too. Well the steering wheel is anyway. Obviously it could well be a different car but both pictures both have the same 'infiniti' badge rather than a nissan or 'z' badge. But then it's got to be a lot easier to change the badge of a car rather than steering wheel and bumper but why do it? Weird huh! Also since the spray job on my bumper is so poor it does lead me to believe that they changed bumpers.

Original auto trader:

vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=4477

Current state:

vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=4478

Anyone shed any light or opinions?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the bar stewards. I got to be honest though I thought that auto trader pic looked weird and long (probably the angle) but I fell in love with it when I saw it in the flesh. oh BTW legrath I can't remember if I pm'ed you or not but I got the datascan cable and it all works fine.

the bar stewards. I got to be honest though I thought that auto trader pic looked weird and long (probably the angle) but I fell in love with it when I saw it in the flesh. oh BTW legrath I can't remember if I pm'ed you or not but I got the datascan cable and it all works fine.

i think i remember this thread because ime sure it was me who said its an "impul" because its the same as mine,the tossers have had you off :nono:

yeah i read that thread earlier and it was indeed you. Looks good on your car btw, I'm sure I would have liked it on mine too if they left it, on the gits. But not only did they change it I got a manky one with piss poor paintwork. Ah well I'll probably get a 99 spec anyways.

sorry to say it mate you been done, i would go back to them and ask for your money back, or you want the car thats in the ad as you know they have switched the cars on you otherwise you will see a solicitor and if they are a trader you will do them under the trades discription act.

Thats just not on mate other than that a coke bottle with petrol in it with a rag on fire through the window will teach em

good luck bud

Nah I've had the car for about 6 months now and since I know it's mechanically in good nic I want to keep it. I've just been dense since I've had it and not realised.

The side repeaters I changed my self and mine did have that sticker by the mirror but I got that off too.

The things that are different from the pics to when I got it is that mine had blue window wipers when I got it. The bumper, and the original pic had a non standard steering wheel.

When I viewed the car though I'm pretty sure it was as it was when I finally bought it. I'm not pissed off or anything I just can't believe I never noticed before.