Cornish Meeting

Cornish Wrecker

OK Cornish Zedders one of us has to take a lead. I am not really into organising meets as I spend far too much time away (in the Navy) but there are now quite a few of us in this area so we could do with another gathering. I think the last one was August last year. Weather permitting, who is up for a meet next Sunday (1 Oct). Nothing spectacular, gather at the Fox and Hounds in Scorrier (where we met last year) have some light refreshments and a chat. If this day is not good for people, or its too little notice, then I am more than happy to shift right. Any one interested?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a meet that day get your asses up here !

"Get your arses up here"? We have enough trouble trying to drum up enthusiasm for a meet that's within walking distance let alone a trip up the M5. I think we will just wait and see what sort of response there is to this one first.That said, thanks for the invite.

• 2 weeks later...

Zogg

Sorry about this, just seen your E Mail. Why don't we attempt to drum up some enthusiasm for next month. I know John Louden is keen but the rest of the "Cornish Massive" seem to have upped and buggered off! I think John works on a Saturday at Halfords so only Sundays are any good. Nice looking Zed by the way. Always fancied one of the wide body cars but can't bring myself to part with my ultra reliable N/A.

• 2 months later...

Shelton, No Zed still the one. :cool:

still got MR2, but took it in to Powells for suspected cam belt probs in APRIL and it is still there!!?? In huge dispute with them. They fixed it eventually in mid- December but wanted to charge too much, and also damaged a wing, let the paitwork go shabby, due to it being left on the forecourt without any attention. Got NCS looking into it, but may end up in claims court. :headvswal :mad:

Also had some woman try to park her Xj6 in front of me, in a space that would be too small for a mini and of course her rear end end finished up on top of my front. Got it back last week, she paid up in cash. :rant:

Took it Trewcolors, north roskear. they did my hood last year. top finish at good price.

Look forward to Portreath Meet then, unless we have one sooner see how weather goes and everybody fixed?

happy new year

Shelton, No Zed still the one. :cool:

still got MR2, but took it in to Powells for suspected cam belt probs in APRIL and it is still there!!?? In huge dispute with them. They fixed it eventually in mid- December but wanted to charge too much, and also damaged a wing, let the paitwork go shabby, due to it being left on the forecourt without any attention. Got NCS looking into it, but may end up in claims court. :headvswal :mad:

Also had some woman try to park her Xj6 in front of me, in a space that would be too small for a mini and of course her rear end end finished up on top of my front. Got it back last week, she paid up in cash. :rant:

Took it Trewcolors, north roskear. they did my hood last year. top finish at good price.

Look forward to Portreath Meet then, unless we have one sooner see how weather goes and everybody fixed?

happy new year

Ray

Looks like you have had your share of troubles over 2006 - maybe 2007 will be better. Did you ever get those seat covers fitted?

Would be nice if we can get something sorted out earlier even if its just another breakfast/dinner at Smokeys transport cafe. I note there are quite a few zeds I keep seeing in the area recently (in addition to the regulars on this site). Silver one keeps popping up in Truro, there's a blue one up near White Moors, a blue one with megga whate stripe appears at the Coppice Inn now and again along with a grey one parked up in Penryn, and now there's a black one just a mile down the road from me. Loads of them around at the moment but those I have spoken with are not members and don't seem that interested.

Shelton,

yep I ve found the same, Black one in Four Lanes, silver one in next street to me, dont seem interested at the moment, but maydo if things go wrong!

Yep fitted covers soon after you gave them to me. found an upholsterer in Illogan, Spar lane, he fitted them and sorted out rears ,well cheap!

Car garaged for the moment.

had a quick look at John L bonnet seems AOK.

Ok for mini meet open for suggestions then!

Wonders never cease - there's interest from the Cornish Massive. My E Mail address is sheltongrigg@yahoo.co.uk so please drop me a line and I will send you E Mails direct. What is the best day for everyone? Sunday I would suggest is the preferred option but is that OK with you John (Loudes)? A nice crisp Jan/Feb Sunday meeting may be on the cards if we get our act together.

Wonders never cease - there's interest from the Cornish Massive. My E Mail address is sheltongrigg@yahoo.co.uk so please drop me a line and I will send you E Mails direct. What is the best day for everyone? Sunday I would suggest is the preferred option but is that OK with you John (Loudes)? A nice crisp Jan/Feb Sunday meeting may be on the cards if we get our act together.

No problem, i've got a week off last week in Jan so a meet then would be good! Sunday Ideal