idling problems? help

hi all,

im having some slight idling problems with my car. when i first start it up...it revs to about 1100/1200rpm for a few mins until it warms up and slows down but only to around 800-900rpm but my problem is that it doesent sit there...it revs up then slows down then revs up an slows down an just keeps doing that. ive plugged my conzult in, and as soon as i click on the idle speed button, it slows right down and stalls. it does exactly the same when i do any of the diagnostic tests too.

anyone got any suggestions? should i try resetting the ecu?

cheers,

sean.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
hi all,

im having some slight idling problems with my car. when i first start it up...it revs to about 1100/1200rpm for a few mins until it warms up and slows down but only to around 800-900rpm but my problem is that it doesent sit there...it revs up then slows down then revs up an slows down an just keeps doing that. ive plugged my conzult in, and as soon as i click on the idle speed button, it slows right down and stalls. it does exactly the same when i do any of the diagnostic tests too.

anyone got any suggestions? should i try resetting the ecu?

cheers,

sean.

u could do sounds like uv got a air leak tho

or ecu temp sender plug corrosion problem

its perfectly normal for the revs to sit high when cold, this will be the IAA unit controlling the air going through it, once up to temp the valve opens, this is when idle will settle to around 8-900rpm which ideal :cool:

best thing to do is use the links top of page, enter andyp's site and look on there there is tons of invaluable info on how to, and find a cure for your hunting idle, it can be one of a few thing's including a air leak, so to establish problem you need to fault find first, start with the easiest :cool: and work through

> anyone got any suggestions? should i try resetting the ecu?

if the engine stalls in the idle speed menu or during a powerbalance test, the base idle is set too low.

follow the instructions as described in the manual to set the base idle correctly.