Rear bumper removal.

From what I can gather, there's 12 or so 10mm bolts in the boot holding the bumper skin to the carrier bar. As I've not had all the trim out, where do the bolts mount to on the corner peices. Are they on the inner wing inside the tailgate or up in the exterior of the wheel arch?

From what I can gather, there's 12 or so 10mm bolts in the boot holding the bumper skin to the carrier bar. As I've not had all the trim out, where do the bolts mount to on the corner peices. Are they on the inner wing inside the tailgate or up in the exterior of the wheel arch?

Hi Si.

From memory, there're 10 or more 10mm bolts to undo - all of them clearly visible once you've removed the trim panels from the rear. I think the very corners of the bumper's arch has a single screw in each side too.

fiddly job initially - especially if the screws have rusted into their brackets.

take out rear plastics back and sides 3 10 mm down each side and about 10 10mm across the back there is two 10mm one at each side bottom of bumper wheel arch and there mite be some fixings behind number plate allso there is a 10mm where bumper meets body going up wards hardest one to do better with wheels off but u can do it with them on i did give them some wd 40 first

Oh right, so I do need to go into the wheel arch then. Let's hope the bolts aren't corroded. Judging by the condition of the underside of the car and the fact that I've never had problems removing ANYTHING, I'm hoping they'll just spin off.

the top one in the arch to bodd will av abit of mudd on it but comes out ok bottom one needs wd 40 as its threds are exposed but should be ok :D

• 5 months later...
I try mate. One of the reasons I never take the bugger out in the rain. I'm dreading driving it to the bodyshop next week. Just hoping and praying that the weather will be good. Borrowing a set of JDM wheels to take it down there. It's only in Tiverton, so not too bad.

lol, OCD si? :D

I try mate. One of the reasons I never take the bugger out in the rain. I'm dreading driving it to the bodyshop next week. Just hoping and praying that the weather will be good. Borrowing a set of JDM wheels to take it down there. It's only in Tiverton, so not too bad.

Here you go then si just in case ;)

Red%20Auto%20Open%20Umbrella.jpg

don't forget the blind rivets underneith the rear bumper . they are little plastic star drive screws , so good news they won't be rusty . but they round off easy . good luck mate . you might have trouble with 4 10mm bolts inside the boot as the threads are exsposed to all the weather so they rust quite well .