Zed now tucked away for winter

Did do last year and was the worst thing i could of done :nono: .

Put it away with no problems ,come to get her back out gain for the summer and ended up costing me a fortune :confused: to get running right again.

Not doing it again this year tho as i will be using it on the good days we get throughout the winter. :hyper:

For the winter? We're not even in to Autumn yet are we? If we are, it's only within the week. I put my car away in the winter, but that's another month and a bit away at least!

Mind you, I don't drive mine in the wet and it's in the garage anyway. :rofl:

Tax is out end of the month and i have rarely used it this year [423 miles :shock: ] so when i had the chance to put it in my fathers garage i did.

Will miss it though......i have always done this and touch wood the car has always ran perfect except this season i thought the boost controller was playing up but that was not the case.

Dave

423 this year? Christ, it's barely worth having it LOL. I have only done about 6,000 in the year since I've owned, and I hardly ever use it.

Mine will be being put in the garage and not coming out until April next year, but that's not going to be until the end of October. It lives in the garage anyway when not being used.

423 this year? Christ, it's barely worth having it LOL. I have only done about 6,000 in the year since I've owned, and I hardly ever use it.

Did think that earlier in the year advertised the car but as you are aware our cars arnt selling for much these days

Dave

I dunno why they are worth such little now. There are some sheds on the market that bring their value down. Shame that. I'm not gonna get much if I ever sold mine, but I'd hope that tidy examples would appreciate in value eventually.

if someone wants a tidy example they will pay the money if you can afford to wait. the people who say "but they are only 2k on ebay " really shouldn't be owning a z as they obviously cant afford to run one and end up selling them a couple of months later. i would walk away from a buyer if he insulted me with a stupid price. not worth the breath imo.

the tidy examples out there will still get good money.

if someone wants a tidy example they will pay the money if you can afford to wait. the people who say "but they are only 2k on ebay " really shouldn't be owning a z as they obviously cant afford to run one and end up selling them a couple of months later. i would walk away from a buyer if he insulted me with a stupid price. not worth the breath imo.

the tidy examples out there will still get good money.

Yes you say that but it rarely happens look at dipones zed its a beauty but he is talking about breaking his!!!!!!!!!! i really think that whatever you spend on these cars they are always going to be a 5k [if lucky] motor car and that is a real shame, because there is nothing.. nothing around that makes you feel like it does whilst driving are cars for that kinda money.

I have read Dipones thread and shook my head in disbelief and started thinking if i had the cash i would buy it because to me that would be a real bargain.

But hey i hardly spend any time in mine so not that pratical an idea really.

To sum up i would rather lock my zed away for 6 months ..a year ..or more then give it away and see some chav wreck it just so i could have some cash in the bank that after o/drafts etc would be gone in a month.

Dave

Yes you say that but it rarely happens look at dipones zed its a beauty but he is talking about breaking his!!!!!!!!!! i really think that whatever you spend on these cars they are always going to be a 5k [if lucky] motor car and that is a real shame, because there is nothing.. nothing around that makes you feel like it does whilst driving are cars for that kinda money.

I have read Dipones thread and shook my head in disbelief and started thinking if i had the cash i would buy it because to me that would be a real bargain.

But hey i hardly spend any time in mine so not that pratical an idea really.

To sum up i would rather lock my zed away for 6 months ..a year ..or more then give it away and see some chav wreck it just so i could have some cash in the bank that after o/drafts etc would be gone in a month.

Dave

you z is a very tidy example when i saw it last year. what i was saying is i wouldnt sell for less than i think its worth. if we all did it then the prices would go up. a true enthusiast will pay the money. at the moment we seem to have a few "dreamers" come on and say they want a z but dont realise they cost a bit to run. i was a registered member for a year before i commited to buy a z. this gave me enough time to research and find all the problems that could happen to them and i feel i purchased a good one.

to may people in the last year seem to have purchased a z for cheap money and found that they are complete shitters. only to spend 3-5k getting them right when if they spent that in the first place on a good one would have less hastle with them.(not saying no hastle just less.)

the age of the car is a factor but look at 240 and 260 prices now they are starting to rise and for a tidy example can go for in excess of 10k. the shitters will be broken and the good ones will emerge.

im glad you are keeping the z dave you may be surprised in a few years keeping her may be a worthwhile investment ;)

all the best bud

gaz

when i got this one 2 years ago it never seen a cloudy day never mind rain but ime so dismayed in the current state of zed prices ive thought fvck it!! and ime goin to drive and enjoy the car all year because after you,ve wrapped them in cotton wool and had a nervous breakdown over a fly landing on the paint at the end of the day there still worth no more than what somebody will give you so :mac1: take that so called bargin hunters ime goin sideways in the snow and ice this year and when its next summer it will still be worth the same as yours "fvck all" :confused: :rofl: :rofl:

when i got this one 2 years ago it never seen a cloudy day never mind rain but ime so dismayed in the current state of zed prices ive thought fvck it!! and ime goin to drive and enjoy the car all year because after you,ve wrapped them in cotton wool and had a nervous breakdown over a fly landing on the paint at the end of the day there still worth no more than what somebody will give you so :mac1: take that so called bargin hunters ime goin sideways in the snow and ice this year and when its next summer it will still be worth the same as yours "fvck all" :confused: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: mines a daily driver too

Tax is out end of the month and i have rarely used it this year [423 miles :shock: ] so when i had the chance to put it in my fathers garage i did.

Will miss it though......i have always done this and touch wood the car has always ran perfect except this season i thought the boost controller was playing up but that was not the case.

Dave

i beat you mine has done a grand total off 100 miles this year but it has been sat in a bodyshop for the last few months :rofl: :D

Did think that earlier in the year advertised the car but as you are aware our cars arnt selling for much these days

Dave

But remember like all Sports Cars when they become a certain age (20 years) onwards they start to increase in value every year as a Classic sports car! And these cars are carrying the Z badge which means alot ;)

Eg: I used to own a 1979 240k Skyline 15 years ago and was in very good condition but was worth peanuts back then! but now in good condition they are worth loads and there value will keep on increasing ;)

Guest Captain Slow

Putting it away now? But we shall still have some nice days. I don't think I will put mine into hibernation....I am looking forward to the clear, cold, crisp winter days when I can have the roof off and the heating up....mmmmm