does anyone else's Zed

Guest 300zx_girl

Guest 300zx_girl

not like this hot weather??

on a normal day when its cool.... its perfect..

these last couple of days, it over revs, turbo's make a funny whistling noise... (when i'm flooring it) and it just doesn't seem to have loads of power...

URGH - I'm moving to Iceland!!!

imagine the fun on the ice :dance:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest T-Pot
sounds like you may have a vacumn leak

I have this vision of hunnipie looking around her hoover listening for a leak now pmsl

Guest 300zx_girl
I have this vision of hunnipie looking around her hoover listening for a leak now pmsl

:slap:

hoover - whats that!!! LOL

tbh...you should'nt be experiecing problems on a relatively stock car in this heat with the right fuel...yeh its hot, but most zeds run in this heat everyday in other counties.

Turbocharged cars with engine top mounted intercoolers suffer more.

Guest 300zx_girl
tbh...you should'nt be experiecing problems on a relatively stock car in this heat with the right fuel...yeh its hot, but most zeds run in this heat everyday in other counties.

:cry: :cry: i dont want anymore problems!!

alrighty, so how can i check for this leaky thing? anyone know!?

Course they'll run all day long in these temperatures. But noticeably slower even if you are using a high octane fuel. You're reducing one of the key elements of combustion. It's like leaning off the fuel. The ECU can only retard/advance the timing to stop it pinking, it can introduce more air.

My car is running less boost at the moment. Not boosting to Max on the gauge and does feel slower at the moment.

yeah cause its slightly rich im thinking about advancing the base timing to 16/17 as it makes it more responsive but slightly cacking myself at the thought at what can go wrong.The other switch side is leave as is for that extra margin of safety and continue with sensible engine mods like the z1 side mounts first.

I'd leave it as it is. You have a buffer of safety there if you think about it in that way. If you advance the timing so that it's fueling spot on...you loose that safety margain and should anything fail at the critical point...it'll be bye bye...but I'm sure you know all this.