Is this someone's zed? It's up on Barryboys.

Guest astrassuck
If it is a show car, why was it driving around with the stereo up full-blast?

This "show-car" explanation has always struck me as someone going so far down the road of spending money on cosmetic modifications that they reach a point where they realise that there is no way they can justify it even to themself.

So it becomes a "show car". They justify spending even more money on the car by taking it to the occasional show and having all their mates from the OC congratulate them.

I can understand a company making a show car to demonstrate what they are capable of doing, they actually make money off it due to all the "free" advertising. But I can't see how any individual with nothing to promote can legitimately call his car a show car.

It's just a car that has had lots of money spent on it.

Surely if Karl takes it to shows, wins awards, gets good feedback then it is a show car. I bet if you took a standard fiesta to a show and said it was a show car you would get laughed off the show!

Yes, it has had a lot of money spent on it, but I don't think your definition of a show car is very accurate/accomodating ! And who says you cannot drive a show car on the road? After all it IS a vehicle! :slap:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RohypnolSlag
And I take it thats it was your right to, take pictures of somebody elses car, then voice your opinions on a public forum, not knowing that maybe the owner of the car might see your pictures and read your comments. Next time think of other people, would you like to see a picture of your pride and joy posted on a public forum, or even your misses, then read a load of peoples comments slagging either your car or your misses off?? NO.

Frankly? I wouldn't care. The fact that it was my pride and joy, and I was happy with it, would be enough for me. In this case, not only does the owner think his car is nice, so do most of the posters on this forum. So why the hell does it matter what a bunch of strangers think of his car?

Incidentally, someone in this thread has already commented on my car, and I think he's got a pretty good point.

Guest astrassuck

IMHO despite the front bumper (sorry Karl, not my cuppa tea) the car is a gorgeous example, and the paintwork is amazing! You are a classic example of human nature, of a bully...It's different so you dislike it. Prejudice is not a good trait, and I would be real careful who's car you photograph and slag off, as one day it may well come back on you, and when you're lying in a hospital bed, you will be thinking "was it worth it?"

:rant:

Guest astrassuck
Frankly? I wouldn't care. The fact that it was my pride and joy, and I was happy with it, would be enough for me. In this case, not only does the owner think his car is nice, so do most of the posters on this forum. So why the hell does it matter what a bunch of strangers think of his car?

Incidentally, someone in this thread has already commented on my car, and I think he's got a pretty good point.

It doesn't matter what others think of the car mate, what does matter is slagging it off in public. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, "the body kit isnt to my taste" or "Personally I would have done the paint differently" however declaring that the owner had no taste/is a barryboy/more money than sense is NOT expressing an opinion, its a personal attack on someone you don't even know!

Guest karl300zx
If it is a show car, why was it driving around with the stereo up full-blast?

This "show-car" explanation has always struck me as someone going so far down the road of spending money on cosmetic modifications that they reach a point where they realise that there is no way they can justify it even to themself.

So it becomes a "show car". They justify spending even more money on the car by taking it to the occasional show and having all their mates from the OC congratulate them.

I can understand a company making a show car to demonstrate what they are capable of doing, they actually make money off it due to all the "free" advertising. But I can't see how any individual with nothing to promote can legitimately call his car a show car.

It's just a car that has had lots of money spent on it.

now i no your fuking lieing, coz one i had my mate in the car who is in a wheel chair and i hate load music whilst driving, at shows yes but driving round town no, im 25 not 19, so dont ****ing lie.

Guest RohypnolSlag
IMHO despite the front bumper (sorry Karl, not my cuppa tea) the car is a gorgeous example, and the paintwork is amazing! You are a classic example of human nature, of a bully...It's different so you dislike it. Prejudice is not a good trait, and I would be real careful who's car you photograph and slag off, as one day it may well come back on you, and when you're lying in a hospital bed, you will be thinking "was it worth it?"

:rant:

Now, this is the bizarre part. I haven't said anything at all about the owner other than I don't like his taste in cars. I have been entirely civil.

And now you're the one suggesting I might end up hospitalised, whilst simultaneously calling me a bully? What a strange world you inhabit.

It doesn't matter what others think of the car mate, what does matter is slagging it off in public. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, "the body kit isnt to my taste" or "Personally I would have done the paint differently" however declaring that the owner had no taste/is a barryboy/more money than sense is NOT expressing an opinion, its a personal attack on someone you don't even know!

I agree with you Astra. ;)

Please can somebody now Ban the Battyboy ;)

Guest astrassuck
now i no your fuking lieing, coz one i had my mate in the car who is in a wheel chair and i hate load music whilst driving, at shows yes but driving round town no, im 25 not 19, so dont ****ing lie.

You're 25 :shock: What business you in mate, I want in!!

Guest RohypnolSlag

I may have been incorrect on the music then. When I saw you drive past I heard a loud stereo, but there was another modified car nearby and it could have been that. The exhaust was definitely very loud though.

Guest astrassuck
Now, this is the bizarre part. I haven't said anything at all about the owner other than I don't like his taste in cars. I have been entirely civil.

And now you're the one suggesting I might end up hospitalised, whilst simultaneously calling me a bully? What a strange world you inhabit.

Well, there was someone like you dissing my dad's cossie at a show once, not realising who the owner was and that he was an ex marine. Met him later at the pub after the meet, and suffice to say my dad wasn't best impressed to hear this bloke at the top of his voice slagging off a cossie which sounded just like my dads. After clarifying which car the bloke was on about, an ambulance was called. My dad and I drove home.

The point I was trying to make is what goes around, comes around. And yes, you show the classic traits of a school bully.....picking on someone because they have a "difference", different taste, attire, hair etc. Typical bully attitude.

You know full well that the work that has gone into that car must have been painstaking and long, you can see it is finished to perfection, but you still diss it?

Just out of curiosity, lets see your effort at a modified car, what do you drive? Maybe we can all poke fun at that, or then again maybe we will show that the members of this online community are slightly more educated and tolerant of other's choices, and despite not liking what you have done, commenting on how we would have done it differently and commenting on the standard of work carried out?

Guest karl300zx

sorry about the blokes but there like pitbulls, and so am i and maybe thats why he said that, you do have to be carefull ok mate, coz it has just dawned on me who you are, coz the barber that i was parked outside off new you and i have asked him about you, coz he saw the thread and rang me, and the way i no this is, is coz my friend was having his hair cut thats why i was in a disabled bay.

karl

Guest astrassuck
sorry about the blokes but there like pitbulls, and so am i and maybe thats why he said that, you do have to be carefull ok mate, coz it has just dawned on me who you are, coz the barber that i was parked outside off new you and i have asked him about you, coz he saw the thread and rang me, and the way i no this is, is coz my friend was having his hair cut thats why i was in a disabled bay.

karl

Any chance of some of this info becomming public Karl ;) :rofl:

Guest karl300zx
Any chance of some of this info becomming public Karl ;) :rofl:

COULD DO MATE BUT WHY SHOULD I WAIST MY TIME ON A BLOKE LIKE THIS, and why am i on caps lock lol.

Guest RohypnolSlag
Well, there was someone like you dissing my dad's cossie at a show once, not realising who the owner was and that he was an ex marine. Met him later at the pub after the meet, and suffice to say my dad wasn't best impressed to hear this bloke at the top of his voice slagging off a cossie which sounded just like my dads. After clarifying which car the bloke was on about, an ambulance was called. My dad and I drove home.

The point I was trying to make is what goes around, comes around. And yes, you show the classic traits of a school bully.....picking on someone because they have a "difference", different taste, attire, hair etc. Typical bully attitude.

You know full well that the work that has gone into that car must have been painstaking and long, you can see it is finished to perfection, but you still diss it?

I still think you're missing the point. I have barely insulted this car even slightly, because compared to most on Barryboys it really isn't that bad.

Yes, I can see that lots of time and money has been spent, and yes I can see that many people are happy with the result. It is not to my taste though.

I very much doubt that Karl is going to lose any sleep over the fact that some people don't like his car as much as he does.

Now, bearing in mind what you have said about not "picking on" someone based on their tastes, please tell me one nice thing about this car:

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18714&highlight=

And as for your comments about the Cossie, it really depends on what was being said. If the bloke in the pub had said that the owner must be a total twat, I can understand him being given a talking to. But if he had just said he didn't like it or thought that some of the mods were silly, then I think the owner overreacted a fair bit.

Guest RohypnolSlag
COULD DO MATE BUT WHY SHOULD I WAIST MY TIME ON A BLOKE LIKE THIS, and why am i on caps lock lol.

A bloke in a barber's shop in Salisbury knew me? I find that somewhat unlikely.

Guest astrassuck

You shouldn't, and neither should we! I was always under the impression barryboys was for people with no idea, not for serious modders, with serious knowledge, spending serious hard earned cash on a serious car. You learn something new every day :x:

:rofl: He's gone awfully quiet since you mentioned you know who he is :rofl:

Guest RohypnolSlag
You shouldn't, and neither should we! I was always under the impression barryboys was for people with no idea, not for serious modders, with serious knowledge, spending serious hard earned cash on a serious car. You learn something new every day :x:

:rofl: He's gone awfully quiet since you mentioned you know who he is :rofl:

Go on then, who am I?