experimenting

as you's know my car has had an intermitten running fault for a while now

backfiring

missing

hesitation and so on

a lot of you suggested maf (which is what i thought) but couldnt track down why

UNTIL NOW

the maf has been getting wet (easy to figure out huh) well think agian

it would run great when there has been no rain, but when it rained it still ran fine (thats what got me confused)

could splash throgh puddles and would still be fine, but last week my boss has been on hols so my car has been parked in the lock up all week (whilst im working) pull it out in the rain and it was still fine

but today i parked it in the street (on a bank) facing front down the bank and when i got in it, the car ran like shite

so what i think is happening is all the rain that runs off the bonnet is getting under the headlight panel hitting the intake pipe and filling the air filter with water (but when its parked on the flat in the rain it dont do it)

so ive dried the air filter out and replaced it and car is running fine again, will see what its like in the morn

im sure ive cracked it (but now i have the prob of finding somewhere flat to park my car lol)

Mine is always parked nose up on the drive and always starts and runs fine. The photo below shows it on the drive. Doesn't look like much of a slope but I had to put those wooden ramp things down so I can get the car can onto my drive without scraping the exhaust.

Mine is always parked nose up on the drive and always starts and runs fine. The photo below shows it on the drive. Doesn't look like much of a slope but I had to put those wooden ramp things down so I can get the car can onto my drive without scraping the exhaust.

when parked on the bank, my car is the other way round (nose down)

didnt rain today and ran great