whats dripping?

After a run in the z tt I can here something dripping onto a hot surface under the bonnet, water or fuel :confused: I think fuel, sounds like its coming from around the engine oil dip stick area, but I cant see anything, it lasts for about 3 to 4 minutes after switch off, any ideas guys??

Also while im on here, any ideas how those rear spoilers come off?, are they stuck on??

Guest johndps

If it's fuel you will smell it.

I had a tiny amount weeping from a filter that wasn't clipped on tight enough. Smelt it even with the bonnet closed.

Any noticeable water loss? If not, then probably condensation as mentioned before.

Rear spoiler - details to come from those that know, but yes, glued(sikoflex) and bolted to the bootlid

If its fuel dripping onto a hot surface I think I would not drive her till its sorted. :D

After a run in the z tt I can here something dripping onto a hot surface under the bonnet, water or fuel :confused: I think fuel, sounds like its coming from around the engine oil dip stick area, but I cant see anything, it lasts for about 3 to 4 minutes after switch off, any ideas guys??

Also while im on here, any ideas how those rear spoilers come off?, are they stuck on??

If I was a betting man I would say one of the water coolent pipes from the turbo has failed and needs replacing!!! Check yer water levels as you could end up loosing all the water in the system if it's not replaced in time like mine did once, then that's means new engine time as yer head will warp and crack!! :x:

99.99999999999999999999999999999% certain it's condensation from the a/c.

It drips on the exhaust at the back left hand side of the engine. My ZX does this - always has done. There is no loss of coolant or any other fluid and the a/c works perfectly.

In the summer, once the engine has cooled there is sometimes a small puddle of water under that spot. It's clear with no signs of antifreeze - nothing to worry about mate!

Richard :D

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

If I was a betting man I would say one of the water coolent pipes from the turbo has failed and needs replacing!!! Check yer water levels as you could end up loosing all the water in the system if it's not replaced in time like mine did once, then that's means new engine time as yer head will warp and crack!! :x:

Water level is fine :eek: thank f**k for that. But will keep an eye on those pipes in future. Will now try it with AC off. Thanks again guys :bow: