boost problem? help me????????????

Guest mortal

since buying the zed ive not been boosting properly 0.6bar...upon inspection i found the aftermarket apexi solonoid under the bonnet to be disconnected at one side, what i belive to be the wastegate hoses (which come up from the turbo region) are plugged up with two screws, code 55 reads from the ecu.

so ive reconnected the other side of the apexi soloniod to the blanked hoses and t'd it off.

now on the way home tonight im only boosting to 0.4bar???and car feels really heavy!!!

has the apexi soloniod packed up and thats why it been disconnected?

if i put the hoses back to their original places and reconnect the standard boost soloniods (disconnected at the moment) i should get 0.9 bar as standard right.....?

arhhhhhhhhhhh

can someone please help me?.... im totally in the dark about all this and only going by what im reading everywhere.......... :confused: :confused: :(

ok as you have an aftermarket controller the wastegate solenoid plugs should be dissconected both sides

if the hoses are blanked off then this is because instead of using bleed/boost jets to control boost! the controller itself is controlling the boost

you should have a setup similar to this:hose coming of wastegate of either turbo which normally will go to the intake hoses at the front but instead are teed of and connected to boost controller solenoid then 2 hoses interlinked to the intake pipes

0.4bar boost is safety boost equvalant to roughly 6psi either only 1 hose is conected giving the efficiancy of 1 turbo or if the solenoid plugs have been reconected then your in safety boost

but if your getting code 55 then id say the pipework has been rigged up in-corectly

if i find a diagram then il put it up

or put the car back to stock 9psi by routing the hoses coming of the wastegates back to the intake metal pipes at the front,and reconecting the wastegate solenoid plugs either side,it is possible the controller has packed up/or miss fitted

thanks very much greg, before i connnected those wastegate hoses up today the car would boost 0.6 bar and felt good, why when adjusting my apexi controller inside the car to 1.0bar would it not go any higher than the 0.6?

i also have the air fuel afc controller in the car and its set at 0 is this anything to do with it all?

many thanks agian greg for the response :hyper:

thanks very much greg, before i connnected those wastegate hoses up today the car would boost 0.6 bar and felt good, why when adjusting my apexi controller inside the car to 1.0bar would it not go any higher than the 0.6?

i also have the air fuel afc controller in the car and its set at 0 is this anything to do with it all?

many thanks agian greg for the response :hyper:

nah the fuel controller wont effect boost,if this is to be setup you need to idealy be on a rolling road to set up the afc

im bit miffed,depending where you are i could look over it for you and maybe set it up,i work at z-tech but dependent where you are in the country it may be a bit far,based in wiltshire nr swindon

heres an aritcle on the blitz controller install,but same principal read carefully and see if that helps

http://www.300zx-twinturbo.com/tech/blitz/blitz.htm

greg

conversion chart

0.6bar= stock 9psi

0.4bar=6psi

PSI Kg/cm Bar

5 0.35 0.34

6 0.42 0.41

7 0.49 0.48

8 0.56 0.55

9 0.63 0.62

10 0.70 0.69

11 0.77 0.76

12 0.84 0.83

13 0.91 0.90

14 0.98 0.97

15 1.05 1.03

16 1.13 1.10

17 1.20 1.17

18 1.27 1.24

19 1.34 1.31

20 1.41 1.38

hi mate i live in east yorkshire, looks as though im boosting standard then with it connected the way it was before.. 0.6 bar...thats 9 psi, standard boost then.. i would ideally love to have it all looked over then i know where i am with everything

cheers bud

james

hi mate i live in east yorkshire, looks as though im boosting standard then with it connected the way it was before.. 0.6 bar...thats 9 psi, standard boost then.. i would ideally love to have it all looked over then i know where i am with everything

cheers bud

james

no probs ;)