Lifesure insurance customers (i.e. you oldies)

Insurance renewal plopped on the mat a few days ago. With Lifesure (broker) policy through AON (underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance) £567.

Call AON directly, they can't poach Lifesure business but if you email them on classiccarsdudley@aon.co.uk to request a quote, they're allowed to talk to you = £504 for exactly the same policy

Call Lifesure back - they have to go away and think about it. Got the call just now, Lifesure using Highway = £502. Job done - ta.

Moral: always get more than one insurance quote every time you're coming up to renewal.

I,m with Houghtons , last year i paid just under £600 fully comp . renewal came this year £288 fully comp.... RESULT.... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Dont mention bl**dy houghtons. apparently they couldn't renew my classic policy because chaucher have stopped insuring non-garaged (import)vehicles. Quote doubled to more than £550 :rant:

After loads of searching got it for £410, fully comp.(with 5 years no claims);unlimited milage. the only downside of insuring an import on a non- classic policy is the damn compulsory excess. seems that £500 + is standard. hmmm.

Anyone with a uk 300 might want to try first alternative. they gave me an EXTREMELY low quote. when i phoned to confirm details was told they dont touch jap imports, even though their web site had quoted on my car reg no. hmmm, hmmmm. :confused:

nick

Guest deve8uk

guys when you post your premiums. hows about you give us some other details.

Like, limited milage

Agreed Value

etc etc. It would give a ffew of us a better idea for starters

guys when you post your premiums. hows about you give us some other details.

Like, limited milage

Agreed Value

etc etc. It would give a ffew of us a better idea for starters

OK mate!

Carole Nash £270 - limited mileage of 6000 p/a and agreed value of £5k, must be a second car though - I use the Rav most of the time. I'm also allowed the odd commute to work but no business use.

Uk spec auto, blue flame exhaust, air filter upgrade and Azev alloys.

I'm 35 years old, licence since 17 (clean), 1 accident last year and live in a low-ish crime rated area in south Buckinghamshire.

Richard ;)

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: