Nitromorse??

Thinking of useing some Nitromorse to remove the paint on the inside of my rear centre panel.

Do you think it would damage the plastic? It says on the can that it would be Ok for "Most Moden Plastics"!!

If this works OK, then it could start a whole new way of colour-coding your rear end, with retaining a stock look, if you see what I mean? :D

when i used to modify the cases on mac g4's i used to soak the case panels in 91% isopropyl alcohol for ages, then the paint would just wipe off..

much easier and doesnt leave any marks or residue. just get a small plastic try or get a photo developers tray and fill halfway with isopropyl and then leave your panel soak, test after a couple of hours with a cotton bud dip into water and rub on panel if paint comes loose easily then you can clean in tray, if not leave longer till paint comes away you will start to see it dissolve. works everytime.

for more info about this procedure with reguards to the methodology go here:

http://www.applefritter.com/node/1427

Thinking of useing some Nitromorse to remove the paint on the inside of my rear centre panel.

Do you think it would damage the plastic? It says on the can that it would be Ok for "Most Moden Plastics"!!

If this works OK, then it could start a whole new way of colour-coding your rear end, with retaining a stock look, if you see what I mean? :D

Dave

Both the Nitomorse paint strippers will melt the plastic!! DO NOT USE!!

BUT! there is an organic paint striper that looks like swarfega you can

buy from the pro decorator suppliers. I will find the product name

for you tomorrow, as I have some in the workshop. I used it

to strip paint off one of my ski boats when i did a refurb on it!

It comes in a plastic tub and as i said it looks like swafegga .

ATB

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
PK1, where can I get 91% isopropyl alcohol from?

Vijay

IPA used to sold by any chemists (by the 1/4 or 1/2 litre)....just dont look to scruffy when buying it or you will be refused and marked down as a wino.... :mac1:

not that you could ever drink it neat mind...maximum alco drink by vol you could swallow is probably @65%...Sangsters white lion rum etc

:duffer:

chris

IPA used to sold by any chemists (by the 1/4 or 1/2 litre)....just dont look to scruffy when buying it or you will be refused and marked down as a wino.

A signed "order" with an explanation of your intended use would go some way to allaying those fears AFAIC.

And will be to be a special order in most modern Pharmacies.

Remember we are surrounded by "haz-chem regs" etc now.

And I for one would not want to lay myself open to later claims of inapropriate selling.

Its toxic and its Highly flammable.

HTH

goto a photography shop, as for them not selling it you, they tried that on me once, i then threatend them with court as they were trying to claim that;

a: i wasnt going to use it for what i intended (so they are basically calling me a liar- slander, and deformation of character .

b: that they had no prior grounds to assume such.

c: that under the law i was asking for only 300mg whereas the law states that you can only buy 5litres at a time.

d: i told them that i would ring maplins and buy as much as i want from them.

after the court thing they shut the fuk up and sold it me, now when i go in if i cant order online they just give it me..