grinding brakes

Need a little advice, fitted a set of portfield pads on the weekend, when i drove the car i noticed a grinding noise at low speed or when i was slowing down. Had a check and found that my discs were wearing a groove into the pads. now i knew the discs were warped when i fitted the pads but i thought the pads would just take the shape of the disc? Do i need to buy a pair of discs or should i just let them wear in a little more? If i need to purchase discs what would you guys recomend?

Thanks

Aktar

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi mate if the discs are warped then they will grind the pads down untill the have bedded in but TBH ,if you know the discs are warped bud then id advise either getting them resurfaced or getting new ones something like the brembos for the front you should get for around £200 i think,as iyou have spent good money on new pads. Plus again if they are warped u will still get juddering under heavy braking until you sort the discs. And with a car like these , no point skimping on the brakes ay.

Thanks for the advice guys, I was leaning towards getting new discs, i dont think i would skim the discs for safety reasons. Apart from brembo's what other discs are available? i think i read somewhere on here about larger disc conversions, could any point me in the direction for the best people to speak to about this?

Thanks for the advice guys, I was leaning towards getting new discs, i dont think i would skim the discs for safety reasons. Apart from brembo's what other discs are available? i think i read somewhere on here about larger disc conversions, could any point me in the direction for the best people to speak to about this?

chris@getGReddy or smithy in the traders section ;)

if your pads are wearing grooves in the pads make sure there was no forein material in between pads and disc,but as said warped discs need changing

How much did you pay for them please ?

£80 pounds for the pads (portfield) from Smithy.

Just ordered some DBA 4000 series discs from smithy, he reckons these are the one to go for. cant wait to get them fitted ang get rid of that horrible grinding noise.