Help

Guest Dave Marley
Vijay on this board sells a product that is great for finding those very cheap too

Which is, I believe, what Jeff said...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is, I believe, what Jeff said...

He did....

Smithy had a thread a few days ago about MODS being GODS....I thought, ah, cant be assed with it, why's he moaning....

But, Mr.Shrimp, I WILL moan when I pay money on this forum to get advice, which is what Jeff WAS giving and then it is taken away.......I dont moan much, hardly at all, well easy going fella, but this has annoyed me a little! :(

No I agree Mark me too, it was a dig at previous threads where we have been frowned upon for questioning the mods :)

Ah, I see mate....

I havent been on the board much over this week so I have missed some of that chat smithy had.......

Does seem a tad harsh, maybe the MODS will realease a general statement tonight. :)

I'm surprised Jeff bothers to come here at all, the way he is treated, it's ****ing disgusting. Some people should be ashamed of themselves. Not wanting this to turn into another pro and anti Jeff thread. I agree with you Mark, i pay my dues, and get helpfull advise form people on here, but dont expect that advise to be censored.

OK, down from soap box. As I'm not trying to offend anyone.

I'm surprised Jeff bothers to come here at all, the way he is treated, it's ****ing disgusting. Some people should be ashamed of themselves. Not wanting this to turn into another pro and anti Jeff thread. I agree with you Mark, i pay my dues, and get helpfull advise form people on here, but dont expect that advise to be censored.

There is a huge Jeff following on here Dave but I am afraid I feel as though his days on here are numbered....

But...

Whenever I am stuck on something, the first person I call is Jeff, and he always helps me.......cant ask for anymore..... :)

Does seem a tad harsh, maybe the MODS will realease a general statement tonight. :)

u wish, we still aint heard anything about th "group buys" from courtesy which so obviously benefit everyone involved. we were supposed to get a statement on that about a fortnight ago

That's appalling! :mad:

I hope the traders affected pay a hell of a lot of money towards the forum as that policy is going to cost members hundreds or thousands of pounds. :cry:

I was away on holiday at the start of August, so I presume I missed the poll about this?

i dnt think ther was a poll, i see where th comittee is coming from but a limit of 5 ppl? wots tht all about?

Just to set the record straight, I have a new policy with regard to how you address the admin, ask them respectful polite questions of any nature, and you will get an answer with the info you want within the legal and privacy laws we have to follow!

In other words, show a bit of civility, if you don't then a ban will soon follow!

and saying don't take offence after the post does not cut you any slack!

Just to set the record straight, I have a new policy with regard to how you address the admin, ask them respectful polite questions of any nature, and you will get an answer with the info you want within the legal and privacy laws we have to follow!

In other words, show a bit of civility, if you don't then a ban will soon follow!

true but hes just giving his opinion mark, dnt think hes too botherd bout wot admin have to say bout it

i would, however, like to know what happened to th thread in question and for wot reasons it was removed. will it be reinstated as ther was some helpful info on ther?

thanks

That's appalling! :mad:

I hope the traders affected pay a hell of a lot of money towards the forum as that policy is going to cost members hundreds or thousands of pounds. :cry:

I was away on holiday at the start of August, so I presume I missed the poll about this?

How on earth do you work that out?

Guest Dave Marley
I hope the traders affected pay a hell of a lot of money towards the forum as that policy is going to cost members hundreds or thousands of pounds.

Just as an example, a full PCV kit was under £50 delivered when I did a group buy on them from the states.

A trader on here is selling them for £71.95 all in.

The difference is around £22. The only way I was able to get that price was because 11 people were sharing the fixed shipping costs.

So, had that group buy been banned, as it seems it would be under these new rules, members would have been penalised to the tune of around £242!

As I understand it, that's a lot more than a trader pays for membership for a year.

There are a lot of great deals to be had from the traders on here, but you have to ask yourself who the club is set up to benefit if we are stopped from doing these sorts of group buy. :(

true but hes just giving his opinion mark, dnt think hes too botherd bout wot admin have to say bout it

i would, however, like to know what happened to th thread in question and for wot reasons it was removed. will it be reinstated as ther was some helpful info on ther?

thanks

His opinion was I presume about moderating/committee decisions end of story?

I have got to go out now but will get back to you, if somebody else does not beat me to it!

Just as an example, a full PCV kit was under £50 delivered when I did a group buy on them from the states.

A trader on here is selling them for £71.95 all in.

The difference is around £22. The only way I was able to get that price was because 11 people were sharing the fixed shipping costs.

So, had that group buy been banned, as it seems it would be under these new rules, members would have been penalised to the tune of around £242!

As I understand it, that's a lot more than a trader pays for membership for a year.

There are a lot of great deals to be had from the traders on here, but you have to ask yourself who the club is set up to benefit if we are stopped from doing these sorts of group buy. :(

very very very good example, Mac y not have a forum wide vote on th subject at let that decide?

MARK:

so does that mean th comittee demands respect on being questioned or th act of questioning th comittees decision is a banable offence?

Mark, I'm sending you a PM, as I don't think it is appropriote to put it on here.

....if we are stopped from doing these sorts of group buy. :(

I just read the rules on the link posted by Mac and there is nothing to say that your group buy would not have gone ahead?

We have had some traders threaten to leave if these Very Large group buys continue and some traders are an excellent resouce of knowledge and all, of course, parts and where will we turn when the exchange rate gets worse, are we gonna say come back lads we ain't doing group buys anymore?

I just read the rules on the link posted by Mac and there is nothing to say that your group buy would not have gone ahead?

1) there were eleven ppl in his GB, rules say 5 max

2) product ordered can be bought from forum trader

Guest Dave Marley

I suppose it depends on whether the TLO decides that the price from the forum supplier is "fair".

Anyway, that group buy was in fact for 6 different items, so would be classified as a "Combined Order" as far as I can tell.