What on earth is happening to this club

Guest Scottywil

How is it Matty got banned in an unmoderated forum (fight club) where as we all know anything goes as it is unmoderated , I thought the idea was that if you did not like what goes goes on in there then don't go in.

Has this now changed are we now moderated in fight club aswell ??

He didnt start the thread in fight club

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully from threads like this Mike some constructive comments are made in how make some areas even better perhaps, who knows.

As your readily supplying information Ryan has asked a valid question in that how was matty banned after his posts in an unmoderated section, a free for all if you like an area created where you can say what you want without the risk of any come back. Was it more a case of he upset yourself or mark or both and then mark banned him with your backing perhaps ? we really can't go round on egg shells fella through fear of upsetting a mod cos if we do we're banned and or our posts deleated.

I think the point some guys have or are trying to make here, moderation is good to have but we all believed it was there to protect the CLUB from outside/libelous action etc, NOT from each other the guys who go drinking together at biling and meet up to talk Zeds through out the year.

The mods are well appreaicated for their efforts in protecting the club and the traders from illeagal trader posts but why does it need to further between ourselves, i think someone needs to lighten up on this mate and i think others agree.

cheers for your replies so far.

smithy

Smithy, I had nothing to do with the ban of matty, . I had nothing to do with that and mark will have to fill you in on the details.

me and matty had discussed our issues the previous night and both decided to agree to disagree and leave it there, any further action or banning was not due to anything from the discussion me and matty had

Thanks for the input scotty, however i've already tried the ole dog + bone mate and that was way before this was brought up. If you look closer at the threads being posted before this one you will see i was ASKED by topless to explain my problems, which i did and it just took sometime in getting the answers.

Unfortunatel am a person that doesn't like to see people victimised in anyway and glad to see you think the idea of mattys ban as wrong, am just asking why is there a need for all these bans of late and i hope that in the future when something does effect you which at some point it will, your posts don't suddenly disappear or you yourslef are threatend just for putting your personal opinion across on any subject.

Oh and just one last point, even though mattys thread didn't start in fight club, the MODS moved it there so that it may continue without risk of moderation, he only added i think one post last night and that was the nail clincher. Trust me there is more to this that you are assuming

thanks

smithy

This forum is starting to get a bit stupid. Why does everyone feel the need to bitch about everthing?

I dont know about anyone else, but the only reason i use this forum is because i am genuinly interested in the 300zx and this is a great place for advice/new ideas/bargains and good general banter. I pay my 20quid just to help the place keep running.

TBH i dont give two ****s what the moderators do, as long as it doesnt affect what i use the forum for. The only thing that annoys me a little is some of the shit that Mike says.

All this started because Matty was being a bitch. He lost in a vote. So ****!! There was 7 other people in for that role and none of the other losers caused a fuss. I do, however, think that banning Matty was ridiculous. Hes been here for ages and comes across (to me anyway) as a nice bloke.

Smithy, get on the phone to one of the moderators about your problems. Starting all this again is getting a little boring.

How do you mean Shit that I say? if you have a problem I am more than happy to address it.

Thanks for the input scotty, however i've already tried the ole dog + bone mate and that was way before this was brought up. If you look closer at the threads being posted before this one you will see i was ASKED by topless to explain my problems, which i did and it just took sometime in getting the answers.

Unfortunatel am a person that doesn't like to see people victimised in anyway and glad to see you think the idea of mattys ban as wrong, am just asking why is there a need for all these bans of late and i hope that in the future when something does effect you which at some point it will, your posts don't suddenly disappear or you yourslef are threatend just for putting your personal opinion across on any subject.

thanks

smithy

All these bans? Sorry smithy but the fact is that matty is the 1st subscribed member ever to recieve a ban. lets keep this thread about facts and not about assumptions.

Guest Scottywil

I agree with you there Smithy. I think that, because i only use the forum for the reasons i gave above, that i'm getting a little fed up hearing all this. I reckon if i was a more important member of the forum that i would want to take a little more notice.

I suppose i am just suggesting that there should maybe be a forum for mods/traders only where this stuff could be addressed. Or i suppose i could just stop reading these threads. :D

Just to put my 2p in: the most important part of this whole club, for me, is the help & advice section. Yes I enjoy reading and contributing now again to the banter, jokes, comments, etc. that gives this club so much personality, but this is where the 'friction' always seems to start. All I can say is that as long as I can ask a question about my car, or can help someone else out with theirs, that's all that matters.

...and if it wasnt for this forum and the people within, i'd probably own a different (crappier) car by now. :bow:

Now i'm off to watch Knight Rider. :bow:

How is it Matty got banned in an unmoderated forum (fight club) where as we all know anything goes as it is unmoderated , I thought the idea was that if you did not like what goes goes on in there then don't go in.

Has this now changed are we now moderated in fight club aswell ??

That was what i was thinking :confused:

from where i am standing all this - and other problems seem to stem from a lack of communication. There is a feeling that the the moderators and committe are taking unilateral action which sort of gives it a bit of a conspiracy feeling. This is irrespective of whether the mod was right or wrong.

Would it be possible to set up a noticeboard of actions by the comittee and mods. Notices could be posted when threads are moved/deleted or people get banned or a member of the comittee changes.

it doesnt have to be a lot of work a simple entry

date/time Thread (Title ) Moved (reason )

that way anyone wants to know why something has happened knows where to look and that way no one can "shout i wasnt told"

Regards,

alex

Guest Scottywil
How do you mean Shit that I say? if you have a problem I am more than happy to address it.

I just disagree with some of your views. (I could search for some if you feel its necessary). You give the impression that you think you are better than the rest of us and can say what you like. Someone mentioned the way ou avoid questions that you dont want to answer.

I dont, however, have a real problem with it. If it involved me directly i would.

Guest Chris@GetGReddy
You give the impression that you think you are better than the rest of us and can say what you like.

Sorry that is b0ll0x

I just disagree with some of your views. (I could search for some if you feel its necessary). You give the impression that you think you are better than the rest of us and can say what you like. Someone mentioned the way ou avoid questions that you dont want to answer.

I dont, however, have a real problem with it. If it involved me directly i would.

sorry scotty I always just try and answer to the best of my ability any query, I don't think i'm better than anyone, maybe it has an official undertone.

bit harsh calling it shit though :(

iv met mike and hes a nice chap ;) and isent arrogant at all! i will say matty being banned is *****x and things need to be addressed IE..fight club thats what its for and those who are subscribed can view if they wish :D

my 2p worth greg :D

Guest Scottywil
sorry scotty I always just try and answer to the best of my ability any query, I don't think i'm better than anyone, maybe it has an official undertone.

bit harsh calling it shit though :(

Maybe 'shit' was the wrong word. Maybe 'smart-arrsy'?

Maybe 'shit' was the wrong word. Maybe 'smart-arrsy'?

probaby better word mate, but that's just fueling my ego ;)

its hard to bring across things online without resorting to full out abuse, at end of day i don't know most people here from the next man, if this was a discussion with my pubs down the pub it would usually be settled with a lamp post climbing comp.

Another brill idea IMO from C'J see what i mean Mike this thread has brought out 2 excellant ideas already, both would keep the peace and show there is nothing to hide, it also keeps up the ole communication side of things.

Maybe the commitee could look at these and discuss how to do it ?

Now all we need is a responce as to how matty got banned from his posting in the fightclub and the world would be a better place :-) maybe with hindsight he should be re-instated seeing as it was an unmoderated area ?

cheers

smithy

Matty was banned because of the continual shit stirring he carried out and the beligerant manner in which he addressed the committee/mods over a long period of time, not for one single post. If you want evidence of this do a search although a fair few of the posts will be in storage, because of their inflammatory nature!

Lets get one thing straight address me and the committee in a polite and respectful manner and you will get a lot out of us!

I for one, have had enough of this dressing down admin are getting, we are not doing a bad job and I for one will not be addressed in a manner that befits a tea boy in an office, do so and the banning will continue!

Ask us polite well mannered questions and we will assist you?

Guest Scottywil
probaby better word mate, but that's just fueling my ego ;)

its hard to bring across things online without resorting to full out abuse, at end of day i don't know most people here from the next man, if this was a discussion with my pubs down the pub it would usually be settled with a lamp post climbing comp.

:D

Am simply asking a question mark, because i guess the sticky Andrew put up in the other section as to who's who doesn't list you, think maybe this should be updated with current list of who the mods/commitee members are and when their roles are up for election next.

But honestly again from memory i thought you were on the commitee and left some time this year and now see your back on, simple enough mate just curious as to what's what.

ta

smithy

Guest scoops

My own view, not that you probably want it but.....

Mike you do a good job in keeping the IT side of this forum going ( whats that? praise? from me?) and no doubt we are all very grateful, however, I PERSONALLY dont think you should have Moderator rights, and before you get picky I mean the ability to moderate peoples posts for them! This is just my opinion.

If you need mod rights due to their not being enough mods to monitor the board most of the time throughout the day then I would suggest another MOD post should be created.

Secondly, and im not having a whinge just a little confused, it says that Topless banned Matty, how can that be? I thought topless resigned? or was that just from his original role and he is still a MOD? I dunno, perhaps ive missed something.