Question?? Is is quicker?

Too true Jock....

What r u saying Adam, you can run 12's? And your talking here, loads of 300's run 12's in Auzzy.....so the cars well capable!! :) And u know it owning one!

Apparently with the right tyres for a serious launch and around 400bhp, I should be capable of 12's so YES, I can!

Read an earlier thread on here of just how capable the 300 really is adam, some foreign guy from auzzy I think...........now where is that link, anyone find it! A real eye opener.......

And then when were done Adam at TOTB, we'll move onto the TOP SPEED shall we, or dont u want to mess your hair up trying to focus on my rear plate? PMSL! :rofl:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a fact that a stock MR2 turbo is quicker to 60 than a ZX (5.2 compared to 5.4) but 10th can be gained by driver skills.

However a Zx is quicker to 100. The MR2 tubby struggles to do it in 16, compared to 14.4 in a ZX. I raced a couple of MR2 turbos in my Mk3 Soop turbo - stock 0-100 in 16 dead - and beat them easily enough to 100.

The ZX will also be quicker in rolling races - say 40-80 etc, owing to superior torque and sheer grunt.

That is for stock motors before anyone says "my mate had....." :rolleyes:

The MR2 is a great car, though (wicked handling too) - the ordinary MR2 is a hairdressers car, but the turbo makes it a bit more manly. Not the proper hairy chested real mans car that a ZX is, though - not by a long way....... :tongue:

Richard :dance:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Guest frosty_11

hmmmmm NOS then..... gotta wipe that sh*t eating grin of mark face one way or the other ;)

:bow: = Cubic Capacity

So my conclusion then after this is that if both drivers got as good a start as each other, ie. same 60' times then the 300 would win in a 1/4 mile race......

I rest my case..........goodnight.......;)

Mark,Just race the clown and show him who is boss

Oh, and Macca, your wish is my command! :duffer:

I woudlike to say having owned both cars that I think it would be a very, very close call on the 1/4 mile.

One thing I have noticed on my Zed is the way it strufggles for grip off the mark compared to the MR2 with its lump sitting over the rear wheels bites into the black stuff straight away.

I love my zed every little bit as much as the MR2 I had before it, both mega quick cars that look like dogs proverbials. I think though I would have to say that the zed would lose out down the strip. I feel the MR2 is quick enough to scamper away to the finish line with its superior traction off the line before the brute force of the twin blowers could make the difference.

Hope these words do not make me a bad person ;)

Justin

I woudlike to say having owned both cars that I think it would be a very, very close call on the 1/4 mile.

One thing I have noticed on my Zed is the way it strufggles for grip off the mark compared to the MR2 with its lump sitting over the rear wheels bites into the black stuff straight away.

I love my zed every little bit as much as the MR2 I had before it, both mega quick cars that look like dogs proverbials. I think though I would have to say that the zed would lose out down the strip. I feel the MR2 is quick enough to scamper away to the finish line with its superior traction off the line before the brute force of the twin blowers could make the difference.

Hope these words do not make me a bad person ;)

Justin

Just need to add having owned both that in general the Zed is a faster car, (it still blows my mind when I mash the fast pedal into the ground :dance: ) just not down the 1/4 mile :bow:

Guest frosty_11

Thank you Justin :p

I NEVER said the MR2 was the quicker car and am under no illusions from a rolling start - I owuld get handed my arse - so to speak - but old :smw: Mark just wouldnt have it regarding the 1/4

:tongue:

This ones for you fella :dance: !!!!

(que the "well if I turn up my boost comments ;))

At the end of the day :smw:, as our cars stand you would be handed your arse no questions asked.....

Although I might gets me hands dirty so I'll pass.... :tongue:

Get your manifold and turn YOUR boost up, your still gonna be a hairdressing :smw: .... :x:

Anyway, enough insults, you get your mainfold and get more hair products, I'll get my car to Thor, get it running at around 20psi and I'll see you on the strip.......... :duffer: :duffer: :duffer: :duffer:

Your defeat will be remembered.... :)

Anyone got any standard alloys for sale? :D

Well I'm going down tomorrow to see whats about but I need my car at Thor first to get it right before I can NAIL it. I have detonation at around 5500revs so I need the fueling sorted to match the increased boost, as soon as this is done I will arrange a date for us all to go down...

Guest frosty_11

Of course if Id spent 12k on my engine mate (including 4 turbos :nelson: )

Then youd be looking at arse of a 10 second (just) car :tongue:

Enough of the if and but's mate - As I said before, I have nothing to loose :) and look forward to seeing you at the Pod (if your cars still on the road by then ;))

:dance:

For HEAVENS SAKE.......just get the two cars on the road

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too right Chris, time to put this haridresser back where he belongs..........

In the salon........ :nelson: :x: :rofl:

Interesting thread - unfortunately I have to admit I have just been beaten by an MR2 T at the pod today. :mad:

It launched a bit better than me, then stayed ahead by about the same amount until right before the line where I was just gaining. I think it ran a 13.6 something like that which in today's heat was pretty good. My particular run then was 13.9 I think. Fast motors, but if I wasn't suffering a lack of boost I would have beaten it I think.

Guest scoops

alex, you comming to the mascat meet tomorrow (monday) night? youre a local lad, me adam meet up at the new services on the m56 and blast over from there, you may aswell. plus adam would love to hear you tell him how you got stuffed by an mr2

alex, you comming to the mascat meet tomorrow (monday) night? youre a local lad, me adam meet up at the new services on the m56 and blast over from there, you may aswell. plus adam would love to hear you tell him how you got stuffed by an mr2

What time mate? I play footy Monday nights usually, can't really get out of tomorrow but if it's after 7:30 I could probably make it.

Here is the nippy little fecker - mate got a good piccy as it happens - just see my nose in the far lane - his 60ft time was 0.3 secs better than me looking at the slip & I never got it back, 13.8 v 14.1 :mad: