Got a hybrid.......

Not mine - I have a loan car whilst the Z4 is sat awaiting a part from Germany.

It's a 530e hybrid, it felt a bit weird at first, but got better after a few miles (once the battery died and petrol power kicked in - LOL). Nice car though, albeit a little big; but I can't say I'll be rushing to switch to anything electrified in the near future 😄 

That said, I could have been given a worse courtesy car, for what could be up to a week 😉 

IMG_3299.JPG

IMG_3300.JPG

• Like 2

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oddly enough because the Volvo was three years old we’ve been looking recently. So among many things I test drove the 330e Touring, similar set up and really liked it and the X1 Hybrid which was reasonable. The lead times on both were horrific though, I think the 3 series was about January… I really didn’t like the Merc auto box, which even in the C and CLA models is still a Renault one… in the end we went for the 2 series Grand Coupe as they offered a good deal which is a great mid sized car. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Oddly enough because the Volvo was three years old we’ve been looking recently. So among many things I test drove the 330e Touring, similar set up and really liked it and the X1 Hybrid which was reasonable. The lead times on both were horrific though, I think the 3 series was about January… I really didn’t like the Merc auto box, which even in the C and CLA models is still a Renault one… in the end we went for the 2 series Grand Coupe as they offered a good deal which is a great mid sized car. 

Good choice Steve....!

I am surprised to hear the C and CLA use Renault gearboxes though - I knew some Mercs (A-classes and some of the smaller diesel engined cars) used Renault engines, but I always thought the C-class and above used the Merc 9G-Tronic gearbox.... 😮 

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• 4 weeks later...

Even the merc gearbox is shite, I have the 7G after being told by merc “we says its the best auto out there” was not impressed. ZF8 in the x5 is so much better, so was my old 2007 335d ZF6 tbh. Owning a merc has opened my eyes too all the over hyped belief that they are good vehicles and I wont start on their “customer service” 🤬 

stewiedoom1.gif

19 hours ago, dipone said:

Even the merc gearbox is shite, I have the 7G after being told by merc “we says its the best auto out there” was not impressed. ZF8 in the x5 is so much better, so was my old 2007 335d ZF6 tbh. Owning a merc has opened my eyes too all the over hyped belief that they are good vehicles and I wont start on their “customer service” 🤬 

I never had any problems with my old SLKs with the 7G 'box - but that was a few years ago, and I sold them all before they hit 40k miles.....

The new 9G I had in the AMG SLC43 was very good - but I have to agree with you Trevor, the ZF8 I have in my Z4 is better 😉