Phoenix gold

are Phoenix gold components any good halfords have some in for £99.99 6.5 inch 150 watt maximum it says so i would think about 50w rms

any good should suit my head unit (4 X 52) quite well if thy are any good

thanks

ps i know its the wrong forum but there hasnt been much activity going on in there for a while

I needed some components and wanted excellent sound so I decided to read the review in this months Max Power mag. They did a test on all of the top selling component speakers. The ones that came out top were the Kenwood KFC-PSR71P which retail at £180. Unfortunately this was a little out of my price range as I was looking to pay about £100. However while browsing through the magazine I found an online shop called http://www.bass-junkies.com which had them for £110 + £10 P&P so I ordered them (Tuesday 15:00), they arrived via city-link 21 hours at 12:00 (Wednesday). 200W dual mags with nice cross over display box's if you want to show them off.

Guest Herman Munster

I think Phoenix Gold stuff out performes anything else for the money, and quite of the stuff which is more expensive.

I'm running Infinity Kappa's in the front, and two 8" JL Subs in the boot, all off a 4 channel amp, and it rocks.

I give it plenty of abuse and have only blown the 20Amp fuse once in 3 years.

It has never let me down.

Mike

I have the Kenwood KFC-PSR71P set up in mine, you can fit them behind the standard grill by careful jigsawing part of the standard aluminium speak mount off, although they are the same dimension as the existing speakers they have a larger diameter at the flange - if this doesn't make sense, don't worry, you'll find out what I mean soon enough :D

As for the crossovers they can be mounted in the doors too but choose the placement carefully otherwise the door card won't fit.

My only comment about the set up is thatr whilst the definition is very good they are quite shrill, regardless of the amount of fine tuning I do, but then I haven't really sorted the bass yet!

Tim