Best Driving Roads of Europe?

My wife and I took one of my Zeds around Europe for 14 days and visited 7 countries. I picked a route with many good routes and roads.

• The route from Bastogne to Luxemberg City through the mountains and forests was good. Excellent fast single lane road with sweeping bends and nice views. 
  • Lucerne to Menaggio via the San Bernardino pass was beautiful. We took the old road (there is a newer motorway), most was tarmac, but with a bit of old cobble. Twisting bends and huge drops made this great fun, but not fast unless you have a death wish!
  • Driving around Lake Como was amazing. Nice roads twisting along the coast through tiny villages perched on the side of steep mountains. Just watch out for the italian drivers (and police who want to stop you to look at the car!)
  • The SS1 from Genoa to Monte Carlo. Its motorway (2-3 lanes), but its right on the edge of the Med. Its got something like 90 tunnels and even more bridges. Excellent for tunnel blasting! Its a great drive on a sunny summers day because you pop out of a tunnel and you are on a bridge over a steep valley with the Med sparkling on your left, then suddenly back into a tunnel. I loved it.

Those are my favourites so far!

P.S A couple of sections of road that are good:

• Somewhere on the A7 (I thiink) from Milan to Genoa, there is a section of road that is four lanes wide and dead straight for nearly 15 miles that is almost always empty. I put the zed in the fast lane and went to 145mph before someone pulled into my lane about 2 miles ahead of me!
  • The A75 in France has a massive bridge spanning a valley called the Milau bridge. The road from the south leading up to the bridge is a two lane dual-carraigeway that twists through the mountains before spitting you out over 1000m in the air as your cross thhe bridge. On the north side there is a service station and viewing area to see the bridge. It is spectacular and well worth seeing.

Here is a link to my thread:

I would love to do something like this again with more Zeds if we could plan it

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

On 20/02/2020 at 05:24, Master_Blaster said:

Hello again, 

In your opinion what are some of the best driving roads in Europe? I remember seeing a post with a fella from the UK taking his Z on a huge Eurotrip. Where have YOU taken your Z?

It would be my dream to take my Z over and see the continent. 

Maybe it was me?