Repairing the OSF sill and floor!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Russ, if you don't start leading soon I'll come down and make a start myself!

Ring any bells? :lol::lol:

ooooouuucchhhhh...... you bitch..... lol

I need to get her MOT'd so I can drive her to the workshop and avoid frostbite or Pneumonia...... lol

Will be this weekend........ If the wife releases me from children monitoring.... lol

Come on down anytime Dave...... your welcome anytime!!!!

What date is your MOT?

So So temtping.

I need to get in touch with Chrisbasildon and see if he is still doing MOT's.....

He knows Z's and how the emissions are done...... Only local guy I trust with my Z.....

MOT ran out last year..... July.... lol

Hopefully I can get out of work one day this week to get it done....

I smashed off the remaining veilside side skirt!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116044[/ATTACH]

And it is going in the bin at work tomorrow...........

Getting her ready for a fresh respray and possible colour change...........:whistling:

Test fitting of their replacements....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116045[/ATTACH]

Edited by veilside01702

Well yesterday I gave the sills a coat of Frost's Stone chip and sound deadening coating that will be behind the side skirts and not seen to protect them from anything thrown up behind the skirts.

The side skirts will not be bonded to the car this time...... and will be bolted in place using bike fairing fixings with stainless steel dome head bolts.....

These....https://www.speedyfasteners.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SF133

The thinking is they are rubber inserts / fixings with the captive nut and will stop any water ingress through the bolt holes into the sill or water getting under the skirting and sitting where they are mounted causing rust....

Oh and some lovely person has removed the centre wheel cap and loosened off 2 of the 5 nuts from the drivers rear wheel..... The car has sat on driveway since last July and I haven't removed that wheel till yesterday, so I know it wasn't an oversight on my part!!

IMG_3227.jpg

Now I need to check all 4 before i take her out for MOT....

Today was finishing off fitting the side skirts ready for paint soon.....

They are now fitted and ready for the bodyshop to prep and finish what I have started.....

Here's the proof I actually did something on a Sunday..... :sweatdrop:

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

So this week I will be refitting the rear wiper motor and arm as it seemed like a great idea, but wasn't so great in reality....... lol

I also need to decide on rear spoiler or not.......... and if rear spoiler which one do I go for???

Or Refit the veilside one..........:whistling:

Edited by veilside01702

Looking good Russ! At least you still have the centre cap that was removed from the wheel.

Weird thing is it was refitted so you couldn't see nuts had been loosened Andrew.......... same thing happened a while ago with opposite wheel and always the side facing away from front door of house.....

I know who I think it is and have now fitted evidence capturing devices.......:2guns:........

Hi Dave and Craig.........Ermmmmm..... it went on...... but looked like a 2 year old icing a cake....... lol

so I have decided to discuss how to do it properly with the restoration guy who is doing the spraying and bodywork as he does it a lot.... lol

I should be speaking to him today as he is opposite the MOT centre I am going to........

I just hope he doesn't start laughing at my effort.... lol

The loading the lead went as expected and got easier as I got acquainted with to how warm to get it and how to move it around slowly.... without it just running off the panel.... lol

It's just the how much to put on and filing it to shape on a rear quarter panel were the issues I struggled with..... A lot easier on a flat panel laying on a bench!!!

I guess I need a lot more practice to get it even remotely okay......

When I have a go in the next few weeks I will try and video it properly......

Hi Dave and Craig.........Ermmmmm..... it went on...... but looked like a 2 year old icing a cake....... lol

so I have decided to discuss how to do it properly with the restoration guy who is doing the spraying and bodywork as he does it a lot.... lol

I should be speaking to him today as he is opposite the MOT centre I am going to........

I just hope he doesn't start laughing at my effort.... lol

The loading the lead went as expected and got easier as I got acquainted with to how warm to get it and how to move it around slowly.... without it just running off the panel.... lol

It's just the how much to put on and filing it to shape on a rear quarter panel were the issues I struggled with..... A lot easier on a flat panel laying on a bench!!!

I guess I need a lot more practice to get it even remotely okay......

When I have a go in the next few weeks I will try and video it properly......

however it came out Russ, i am sure it was awesome for an early attempt mate :thumbup1: and lead loading on a vertical surface is probably something to build up to, more of a black belt skill :lol:

Today I went for the MOT........... Failed.....

First try on emissions returned a fail on Co2 at 3.57% with a 3.50 limit...... So he redid the emissions at the end as I explained it had sat since last July and had only started to warm up on the way there....

He allowed a proper engine warm up during the other tests and it sailed through on the second attempt with a 1.44%....... Phew!!!!

Then I got the bad news that both rear tyres has Massive inside wall bulges........ They were huge.....looked like they had Mumps!!!!

So I went for a pair of brand new Pirelli Pzero 255/35/ZR18 boots at £89 + vat each......:whistling:

Tomorrow I am replacing the fronts as well at that price..... lol

BUT SHE IS NOW MOT"D AND ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

Now I am buying seals, trim, fittings, lights, electrics, suspension, wheels, tyres, etc......:shifty:

Let the year of the Z begin....... Just don't tell the wife!!!

I just need a rear spoiler now.......... Just need to find a TwinZ type 3 in the UK for sale????????????????

Edited by veilside01702