Timing belt help

So I'm replacing my timing belt kit on my 1994 300zx with 150k miles or 243k kilometres, so I'm wondering can I go out and buy any old timing belt or are they mileage specific (first car not sure) because it would really suck to buy the wrong one, also does anyone have any suggestions on what brand of kit I should get aaf36bc1a8a792841976119bdd23be74.jpg

Genuine Nissan only for the cam belt, your local dealer will be able to help as well as others suggested.

Nissan OEM 13028-45P86 Timing Belt

Minimum parts

Timing belt

Thermostat

2 by pass hoses

fresh antifreeze

Timing checked using a strobe.

Inspect

Belt pulleys

Adjuster

Ancillary belts

Guessing your closest Nissan dealer is Vancouver, here is their parts web link >>

http://southsidenissan.ca/parts/index.htm

Jeff

Edited by JeffTT

Yup - what he says.....!!

I bet that is usd which is quite expensive for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

,,,,,But not as expensive as a new engine, if it all goes wrong!!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

I guess so but damn this project car is a nightmare for a broke high school kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest it is the wrong car for your finances, not the car is a nightmare, seen this time and time again, budget blown buying the car leaves little cash to maintain it. Had a good few very young University owners bring zeds to my workshop to find they had blown their entire government grant on buying the car !!! and then were using the credit the bank gives you as a new student to lower it, fit new wheels and bodykits, eventually turning up at the workshop with only pennies left to do engine or brake maintenance...... road to ruin.

Jeff