The F1 Thread

As far as i am aware Sky are putting it on a FTA channel, good intentions but my guess is that will not last long !!

It's like a company taking over a company and they always say 'no job cuts or factory closures', a year down the line one or both occur.

EDIT : It seems i understood it wrong.......and i quote

''Sky Sports said the whole of the British Grand Prix would be broadcast on a new "free-to-air" channel.

The five-year deal will also see race highlights shown on the free channel.''

So it's pay, pay and pay again.............i don't btw !!

Edited by phutumsch

• 9 months later...
Great post Gaz, excellent video and those two are going to be mighty this year.

Thanks Steve and yes they will be mighty along with a few other drivers :yes:

Feeling the same way regarding my Z as its locked up in the garage and I just want to drive it but the weather is crap so wont take it out. Am I to protective of it???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Sebastian Vettel is to leave Ferrari at end of 2020 season. He wanted to win the championship for Ferrari but has failed. So where now for Seb?

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11986891/sebastian-vettel-leaving-ferrari-the-f1-reaction-what-happens-next?fbclid=IwAR36oouvg91w1CPQHRzueiVeWnTvm3u0AZ69YaGdIUJFqVcgmZQ0K1uPJMc

I’m not surprised with Leclerc showing him up and the mistakes he’s made, pressure from Ferrari to win must be unbelievable.

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 🥲

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

On 12/05/2020 at 13:51, Bones28 said:

I’m not surprised with Leclerc showing him up and the mistakes he’s made, pressure from Ferrari to win must be unbelievable.

Its tough at the top mate you need to win or be replaced. I see Daniel Ricciardo is moving to McLaren for 2021 this is a good move for him as McLaren would of been a top team this season if they were allowed to race.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/daniel-ricciardo-drive-mclaren-2021/?fbclid=IwAR1gGmsWrjcC9gAs-Pi80H_krLYfoqNqWzVIcFQBImdw5CXLjRW2WkNATeU

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/05/2020 at 10:39, Gaz 300 said:

Its tough at the top mate you need to win or be replaced. I see Daniel Ricciardo is moving to McLaren for 2021 this is a good move for him as McLaren would of been a top team this season if they were allowed to race.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/daniel-ricciardo-drive-mclaren-2021/?fbclid=IwAR1gGmsWrjcC9gAs-Pi80H_krLYfoqNqWzVIcFQBImdw5CXLjRW2WkNATeU

They would have been - but the Covid19 has pandemic has seriously effected McLaren. 1200 lay-offs is only the start; existing staff are having to reapply for their jobs; and whilst the news currently says only 70 employees from their 800-strong F1 operation are at risk, there could be worse to come.?

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

16 minutes ago, RichardS said:

They would have been - but the Covid19 has pandemic has seriously effected McLaren. 1200 lay-offs is only the start; existing staff are having to reapply for their jobs; and whilst the news currently says only 70 employees from their 800-strong F1 operation are at risk, there could be worse to come.?

This covid 19 has changed everything ?

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

GENTLEMEN RESTART YOUR ENGINES.?

After the false start of the 2020 season we are back to racing this Sunday with the Austrian GP. Lots of driver team changes and Vettel racing with a team that wants him out! Its going to be an exciting race but we start of with guess who having the fastest practice laps so far.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12019463/austrian-gp-practice-one-lewis-hamilton-fastest-as-f1-returns?fbclid=IwAR2gtKAgLpwWevKW1CnrgYcJ3Hv7AnTzJT4OqnGc0shY1TnGUsYkBsuCfCg

• 1 month later...