Im leaving the club after being stiched up on a purchase

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Said boost controller was sold fully working by me, posted in not only a bubble wrapped jiffy envelope, but also then placed in postal cardboard box and sent first class recorded, the original vac hoses are not just some pieces of silicon attached with a few cable ties, but were wound steel braid with a hard plastic covering, theses were attached to the solenoid via bolt up fittings, i got told by the buyer (silverline) that these had perished and that he needed to change them, after the deal was done and he was in possession of the boost controller.

Now considering i removed the boost controller from my car my self, i know full well of the condition of the vac lines and "deteriorated" is not what id of called them, they were perfectly fine, a bit dirty but fine, the boost controller was only removed due to me wanting to fit my Greddy Profec B spec 2 that had more functions and complimented the interior of my dash better. It was fully working when it left the car, and was running 18psi through those vac lines before removal.

Now to be told that he has changed something on it and it no longer works and requested a full refund. I do not go around buying things, Altering them and requesting a full refund. its a boost controller and vac lines are an integral part of the device. i requested for the unit to be returned how it was sent out and upon this id refund all monies in full. he seems to think this is a "get out clause", he is expecting me to accept back an item not in its original state when it left me, id like to test the device once it back in my hands, The original vac line was a plus of a selling point as it was less likely to fail than silicon hosing. As previously stated, it was working perfectly fine when it left mine, the buyer tried to tell me it had most likely taken a knock in the post, the boost controller would of taken more knocks over the course of its life in my zed with its stiffer suspension that it would have received in a jiffy bag, in a postal box sent through the post, unless it had been crushed at any point, so before the lynch mob want to rip into me, i did notice he mentioned nothing about me saying that i offered a full refund for the item if it comes back, how it left.

I have asked on many occasion for this simple request. if he has binned the pipe work, then i can not see how that is my problem, it is his. May be he should of left it to one side instead of binning it so quickly.

As you can see by the picture, the pipe work is not the usual silicon and id like it returned as it was, when it was sent out before a full refund.

60815_10154176054610602_3602914115559784500_n.jpg

So yet again it's down to vacuum lines causing it not work your sense of humour is hilarious and im growing a little tired of your clauses

I have asked for its return in the same state it left, you seem to think i should accept it back in a different state, regardless if its "just vac lines" to you. You have a right to ask for a refund, i have the right to ask for its return in the state it left here.

- - - Updated - - -

Gary i can see I'm not getting any where with this so no point

Vodkashots please keep my £85 I'm sure I will BUMP into you somewhere and discuss in more detail it's only a mater of time

Are you threatening me?

couple of points here,

wasnt a member banned not so long ago for a similar situation on here but selling to a mod, item broken in the post, wanted it back in the condition he sent it?? refused so banned?

when I had an issue and raised it publicly after many months of discussion, my post was immediately shut down with no chance to put my point forward.

much of what has been put in this thread is about a level playing field... personally I dont see it....

couple of points here,

wasnt a member banned not so long ago for a similar situation on here but selling to a mod, item broken in the post, wanted it back in the condition he sent it?? refused so banned?

when I had an issue and raised it publicly after many months of discussion, my post was immediately shut down with no chance to put my point forward.

much of what has been put in this thread is about a level playing field... personally I dont see it....

A full report will be posted up when we have come to a conclusion.

I will not have this on open forum this is not the place for it use the pm or better still use a phone. Thread closed

A full report will be posted up when we have come to a conclusion.

Agreed - and just to add to Gary's comments, it is right to close this thread now; more pertinently because the two parties concerned are now back in contact over the matter and hopefully will resolve it between themselves. Consequently it is not right that everyone else not involved in the issue should continue voicing their personal views on the situation, whilst Silverline and Vodkashots try to sort things out:wink:

But once the matter is concluded then, with the consent of the guys concerned, we will let everyone know how it ended!

Richard

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: