my new rays wheels before and after refurb

Guest dan300zx

I've been looking at getting a set of rays for a while. They are (relatively) cheap now and very tempting. £200 to refurb my knackered rims or £400 for a good set of Rays.....but of a no brainer really.

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

Guest dan300zx

the prob is most rays will need a refurb on top of buyin them a proper refurb will cost more like £350 you can get em done cheaper but as we all know ye get what you pay for

Guest dan300zx

also if the rays have just come off a 350 the tyres are wrong size so you need to factor in tryes as well so in the real word I have spent like 700

the prob is most rays will need a refurb on top of buyin them a proper refurb will cost more like £350 you can get em done cheaper but as we all know ye get what you pay for

Depends where you live.

£200-220 will get you a top not reverb in the North East (providing you don't need dents or buckles knocking out).

Depends where you live.

£200-220 will get you a top not reverb in the North East (providing you don't need dents or buckles knocking out).

Hope your not talking about Romax in Stockton! Also was less than impressed by SEM Sunderland too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest dan300zx

I have had many wheels refurbed over the years on all kind of cars and I have wasted money on £200 wheel refurb jobs pay propley get a top job

Hope your not talking about Romax in Stockton! Also was less than impressed by SEM Sunderland too.

I have no time at all for Romax. I seen the job they did on a mates RX8. Shocking. Started to show signs of corrosion in less than 2 months.

Never tried SEM, but heard they are a bunch of pricks to deal with?

I used a place round the back of the citreon garage on Brenda Road, and they did a great job. This was about 3 years ago on the VXR8. No idea if they are even still there now. It was £55 a corner for 19"s

I have no time at all for Romax. I seen the job they did on a mates RX8. Shocking. Started to show signs of corrosion in less than 2 months.

Never tried SEM, but heard they are a bunch of pricks to deal with?

I used a place round the back of the citreon garage on Brenda Road, and they did a great job. This was about 3 years ago on the VXR8. No idea if they are even still there now. It was £55 a corner for 19"s

Cool, how long did you have them before you sold the car? Perfect finish?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, as good a finish as I hoped for anyway. No orange peel effect, and felt smooth to the touch.

They were on the car for almost a year before I sold it, although 6 months 3 days of that was when the car was in that ****ing incompetent excuse for a Vauxhall garage so the car only really saw the roads for 6 months of the time the wheels had been done.