export to France

I have a contact in Northern France who wishes to purchase my car, which is a japanese import to the UK in 2004. He then wishes to drive it back to France and register the vehicle there in his name. What documents will I need to supply to him ?

just the log book. nothing else needed inside EU.

The rest is up to him.

I thought it was strange, however this guy appears legitimate, he is coming over on the train and is paying in cash, £ notes, he is also arranging for the vehicle to be licensed across there. The point about it being worth while travelling here for a right hand drive car is well made , I can only assume that he is starting a collection and yes they are cheaper here. he seems to know the game and is a professional journalist, so live and learn.

I sold my uk supra to a guy in Germany as they cannot import Japanese models and aren't allowed to import a car that was not officially a uk model. If you google it it will explain more I can't seem to put it in words here. It is due to checks carried out on official uk cars.

• 2 weeks later...