wipers wont stop

as above. with the ignition on, even with the wiper switch off. the only thing the switch will do is make them go faster if you turn it to the fastest setting. read threads about this but non seem to come to a conclusion. have tried a new relay, had the switch apart, which all apears fine. took the top off the motor were the plastic cogs and sensor thing is. cant see anything broke or corroded. i can get hold of a new motor but its of a z of a similar age and mileage (94 and 145k miles) so wont that be ready for giving up aswel? any advice or anyone with a newer motor would be appreciated. cheers, danny

Assuming the switch has not gone faulty it will be the timer unit located in the drivers side footwell behind the panel where the bonnet catch is. The unit serves as a timer relay operation for many things and the internet wipers is part of it, sound like its feeding the wipers constantly, a good used timer module will not be expensive

Jeff TT

Do you mean the white box near the bonnet catch, i replaced that last year. Thought that was for the intermitent wipe. It fixed that when i replaced it. Ill check for loose wires behind the fuse box this weekend, that should be fun. Meanwhile ill look out for a newer motor. Thanks for the replies.

danny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Do you mean the white box near the bonnet catch, i replaced that last year. Thought that was for the intermitent wipe. It fixed that when i replaced it. Ill check for loose wires behind the fuse box this weekend, that should be fun. Meanwhile ill look out for a newer motor. Thanks for the replies.

danny

The time control unit is behind the drivers footwell panel at the bottom near the door shut, just above the carpet line, if that helps

Motor didnt cure it, ironic that this thread has just re surfaced. Because ive just started trying to solve mine again before it goes on the road. I unplugged the little white box in the drivers footwell and the wipers stopped. So im assuming thats at fault, obviously no intermitant wipe with that unplugged though. Were can i get a new one of them from then??

Cheers

danny

JeffTT has some, i wouldnt think they would cost too much.

Post a thread up in Jeff's trader section or contact zedworld.

By the way if you disconnect the time control unit, you will also lose your dash lights etc, just bare that in mind

Motor didnt cure it, ironic that this thread has just re surfaced. Because ive just started trying to solve mine again before it goes on the road. I unplugged the little white box in the drivers footwell and the wipers stopped. So im assuming thats at fault, obviously no intermitant wipe with that unplugged though. Were can i get a new one of them from then??

Cheers

danny

I've got one as well, you could come by and try if you like Danny

The fault with my wipers has been on and off for the past year, sometimes they'd be fine and then others, mostly they were always on and i had to catch the switch between intermitant and on. Cheers paul, but the cars off the road at the minute so im just going to order one and have done with it. This is tho onle thing i hadnt tried and now ive unplugged it they've stopped.

Cheers

danny

The fault with my wipers has been on and off for the past year, sometimes they'd be fine and then others, mostly they were always on and i had to catch the switch between intermitant and on. Cheers paul, but the cars off the road at the minute so im just going to order one and have done with it. This is tho onle thing i hadnt tried and now ive unplugged it they've stopped.

Cheers

danny

p.m. your addy m8 and il send u one over bud.

• 1 month later...

Well its happening again. Must have been a fluke that when i changed the little white box, they just happened to be behaving. Anyone got any other bright ideas because now i have changed absoloutly everything. And the few auto electritions ive asked dont want to know. I know this seems like a small problem on the grand scale of things but its bloody annoying. Someone please help me. Cant believe that this problem happens on so many Z's and no one has a solution.

cheers

danny

• 1 year later...