May 26, 200917 yr Hi All My right exhaust bank has begun to churn out the blue smoke. Can you please advise me: What spares I will need once I have the engine out. Where I can get them from the UK. Should I be re-conditioning the turbos entirely ? How do aftermarket replacement turbos compare price wise to re-conning the original items. If I were to have a garage undertake the work, how much do you think it would cost? Many thanks Rob
May 26, 200917 yr have you got a budget in mind? as it might be worth the extra dosh for new tubs not saying reconning them isnt any good but just the long-term view really
May 26, 200917 yr Author Its all going to be on the never never so moneys no object ! I dont have a budget as yet. I wanted to cost the different options then make a call.
May 26, 200917 yr speak to http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk for a quote. I've used them many times and highly recommend them if you decide to get your stock turbos reconned in the UK. They can also offer upgrade options. Its been over a year since I last used them, but from memory it was round 700 the pair for stock rebuild with 360 bearings, and upgrade stages ranges from 1100-1600 the pair. You can purchase rebuild kits and DIY them. Its not something I have ever done myself though. I would cry far too much if I put the engine back in and found my DIY rebuild skills had not gone to plan. The alternative is to purchase stock or upgraded turbos from the U.S - http://www.z1motorsprots.com, http://www.conceptzperformance.com You can also purchase the CHRA (the centre part of the turbo) and fit them into your existing housings, which is a cheaper option than buying the complete stock turbo. Exchange rate not so favourable these days though. Edited May 26, 200917 yr by Yowser
Hi All
My right exhaust bank has begun to churn out the blue smoke.
Can you please advise me:
What spares I will need once I have the engine out.
Where I can get them from the UK.
Should I be re-conditioning the turbos entirely ?
How do aftermarket replacement turbos compare price wise to re-conning the original items.
If I were to have a garage undertake the work, how much do you think it would cost?
Many thanks
Rob