Everything posted by Jamieszxtt
-
J923 EWT
@mailrebdog I’ve still got loads of pictures if you want them. Could always Whatsapp them etc. Found an invoice for the front D2 brake set up but not the rears yet. Not long after I got the car from Craig I had it dyno’d and it made 368bhp. It had boost tips in and a pretty unique jdm map chip (which again, was given with the car when I sold it). A few years later I had the Greddy boost controller fitted and it made 418bhp with the custom map. Like I said there were mixed reviews on his maps but mine seemed pretty good. In terms of the paint I struggled as well to get the House of Kolor paint over here, I think it’s code was KO4, so I switched to a metallic pearl from Specialist Paints, who are still in business. I wanted the look of the purple Quality Street wrapper! I can’t for the life of me remember the exact name but I’m going through old invoices to see if I can help. The real pisser is I had a touch up pen made when it was painted, with all the details. Guess that was lost too. You’ll see an annoying mileage discrepancy on the MOT history as a tester input miles instead of KM, although when I visited JeffTT I had the clocks and mileage converted (with a certificate which has also been lost I’m assuming). I’ve got to say. The more I’m remembering the care and love both Myself and Craig gave to this car, the more f’d off I am all that history is lost after I sold it. I was never a big contributor on this forum, but I learned a lot from the guys on here and they are a really supportive bunch. Good to see some legends are still on the scene. Sorry it’s taken so long to reply. I don’t have notifications set on here but I’ll check back more regularly now I know she’s still being worked on!
-
J923 EWT
@mailrebdog I bought her off @craigszxtt back in 2010. I owned her for 10 years. Like an absolute plank I sold her to a chap in 2020 and have regretted it ever since. Absolute numpty had it for a matter of months and then sold it on to Matt. From there I lost track of her. Fuming about the history as I handed over a file of documents and pictures that both Myself and Craig had taken over the years. In my ownership she had the respray to the colour she is now. When I bought her off Craig she was in a stunning House of Kolor chameleon paint, but after a vandal scratched up one of the doors I was forced to change colour again. I also put the D2 front and rear brakes on, as well as a trip to Jeff to have the cambelt done. I had it mapped by Turbonoz but I heard conflicting stories around the quality of his maps. I can’t say that was my experience. Glad to see she’s still on the road and being looked after!
-
Re-Subbed
Hi Noz! Running perfectly (at the moment). It's been in storage all winter so I hope nothing's broke when I get it back on the road in a few weeks' time. You got your hands on a new Profec yet? It's good to be back.
-
Re-Subbed
After a year away.... I'm back! Re-subbed via bank transfer. :2guns:
-
Red, K reg import, big spoiler
The wing definitly looks right, but it looked like it had skirts. I couldn't really tell as I only caught a brief look before another 2nd gear scream to the red line put it out of sight.
-
Red, K reg import, big spoiler
The wing definitly looks right, but it looked like it had skirts. I couldn't really tell as I only caught a brief look before another 2nd gear scream to the red line put it out of sight.
-
Red, K reg import, big spoiler
Being driven, shall we say... Spirited... On the A140 Ipswich road in Norwich at about 8.45pm last night. Very loud exhaust. Pretty sure it was a manual too.
-
Spigot rings?
I needed them quickly and didn't trust myself to get the correct fitment. For the sake of a few extra quid I got what I needed pronto!
-
tuning info for 300zx tt
Couldn't agree more with this! Any extra time/money spent at this point will reap massive rewards later.
-
Spigot rings?
Just dug out my receipt. £20 for the rings and £5 to have them posted in. The size was 73mm x 66.1mm. They were able to match them up against the old ones.
-
Spigot rings?
I got mine from SCA Performance Centre on the Sweet Briar Industrial Estate. Mine were knackered after I got my wheels refurbed and they ordered the correct ones in.
-
How bad is my luck?
The deer did seem to just deflect over to the curb when I hit it. I put the anchors on and got out to check the car but couldn't see the deer anywhere. I can't imagine how it could have survived that! I'm sure it would have been a lot worse had it hit head square on. Airbags would gave definitely gone off in that case. The thought of it flying up and striking the windscreen makes me sick too.
-
How bad is my luck?
Almost a year ago to the day I took my zed out for a late night drive. No real motive other than to enjoy some open road. Pulling away from some traffic lights a little deer runs out in front and I couldn't avoid a hit: The bumper was beyond repair and I couldn't get the paint needed to match to the car. I was apocalyptically cross and ended up taking the car off the road until this year when I had it re sprayed a different colour. So I'm on my way back to Norfolk last night and hit another deer! This time it was bigger, I was doing about 50mph and in my work BMW. I was able to swerve and could have missed it, but there was a car coming in the opposite direction and had to stay on my side, glancing the deer. There's a slight crack and the fog light is gone, but I'm amazed with the lack of damage. Tough car and thankfully I won't have to pay to repair it. Really shows the difference in strength between fibreglass and an oem bumper. It's weird though. I've been driving since 2001 and until last year had never seen a live deer on a road. Anyone think their numbers are on the increase or something? I'd hate to see someone's zed suffer the same damage as mine.
-
Anyone???
Definitely up for a mini meet. I also work away from Norwich but I'm back most weekends. Dependant on numbers and people's locations we could look at finding a decent pub for a bit of lunch and general car chat?
-
shin splints (through running)
I totally agree Vijay. I run a lot and its tough starting out. But as an exercise its absolutely fantastic. I suffer from splints as I have ridiculously flat feet and over pronate. This is where my running style puts additional strain on the joints and muscle. I would often have to rest weeks between big runs and i could never shift them completely. Even walking would hurt if a ran a few short runs in a week. I didn't buy into the whole it's your trainers crap as I didn't see they could make that much difference. HOW WRONG WAS I??? I went to a specialist running shop who made me run around the store in my socks. They observed how my foot struck the ground and how I pushed off. From this they recommended some Nike running trainers that offer support where I need it. I bought them and went for my first run. Wow! I've always run in normal, off the shelf trainers and these things felt a million times better. They didn't even cost that much! I now don't ever get splints. I still ache after really pushing it, but I can literally run 3/5 times a week and really enjoy it. I got these in November and went on a bit of a weight loss challenge. I lost two stone in two months through better eating and regular runs. Don't loose the bug. Get some fitted trainers and keep it up!
-
k sport brakes
It was Kevin who sorted mine out. Very helpful chap. Did he happen to give you the AP reference number for the discs?
-
Anyone have any feedback on this clutch
No feedback, but it seems odd theres listed fitment to TT zeds and then states its unsuitable for forced induction cars?
-
k sport brakes
Try Apex Performance Parts. They're the UK distributor. Very helpful when I needed to source a matching set of D2 calipers.
-
My 300zx is on its way to jeff
Nope!
-
What did you do to your zed today?
Not quite today but a trip to Jeff on Saturday and the purple monster is now reliably running on all six (faulty injector) and has a full big brake set up. Best mod yet!
-
What did you do to your zed today?
Not quite today but a trip to Jeff on Saturday and the purple monster is now reliably running on all six (faulty injector) and has a full big brake set up. Best mod yet!
-
My 300zx is on its way to jeff
It would be great to see another zed on the streets of Norwich!
-
My 300zx is on its way to jeff
It would be great to see another zed on the streets of Norwich!
-
What did you do to your zed today?
-
Happy Birthday craigszxtt
Happy birthday Craig!