cheap dual air intake kit (Ebay)

I was wondering if anyone on here has tried this ""Dual air intake kit" as found on ebay :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310064552562&_trksid=p2759.l1259

its cheap, does that necessarily mean its nasty? it looks like it does the same job as the more expensive type? maybe the actual filters arnt as good, would there be enouogh space in the zed to replace them with larger filters in the future>?

Many thanks in advance

Guest snowygt

dont do it mate, you get water in them and your left with a bill for a new MAF, just get the single apexi set up off dan(DTA) on the traders section for a good price

dont do it mate, you get water in them and your left with a bill for a new MAF, just get the single apexi set up off dan(DTA) on the traders section for a good price

just say you had the dual intake pipe but then had an apexi filter on each side, surely that would be better? if they fit

would it make any difference if you had a different filter on each side!! hence possibly a difference in the amount of air going in at each side???

Im going to get the car chipped, de-catted, boost controller/possibly the manual one and a boost gauge

A single apexi would be good, but would two be significantly better and justify the spend in terms of return in performance etc? Im not planning on doing any more mods to the car after the above (I hope not anyway)

with just the mods youve listed its not worth getting one of these anyway - theyre only really useful when it comes to chasing bigger power - say 450+ ive been toying with the idea of getting one. i have a single apexi intake setup at the moment.

i dont think it would make a difference mixing filters as the MAF will only go ahead and measure whatever air is coming through in total.

not much point running twin filters, on that set up, IMO the only way to go for twin filters is a doolz intake. Just one thing i saw i the mod list, did you say you were considering a manual type boost controller????????? I'd forget that if I were you, if you want more boost then your better of paying the money for an EBC. But be warned, unless the z is running nicely and in good health, then increasing the boost is going to be detrimentle to the car's health.

its settled, a single is sufficient for my needs! thanks for the advice and concern

I think my cars in pretty good shape, it purrs all day long! its a jap import and im the first owner in the UK approx 65,000 seems genuine so i hope it holds up well !!!

I want to ask you about another thing but i think i should start a new thread for it :)