Is it bogus

richardgills

I HAVE MY AUTO tt ADVERTISED ON CARZONE AND GOT AN EMAIL FROM AN INTERESTED PARTY ENQUIRING ABOUT IT. I ANSWERED IT DESCRIBING THE CAR AND CONDITION AND ALSO THE ASKING PRICE AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I GOT. HOW DOES IT SEEM TO OTHER OWNERS. SEEMS KINDA SUSPECT TO ME.

Hello again ,

Thanks for the email response , Am a General contractor and also a buyer of used Auto's, I am located in { London / East-Ham } UNITED KINGDOM . Am okay with the condition, I will offer you 100 Euro more to your asking price and wish to be the next owner because I will be giving it out as birthday gift to my cousin in Greece.

I will be making my payment Via Cheque and I will arrange pick up as well after payment is 100% clear and credited on your account.

I will be including the shipping fee on the payment so immediately you get the payment you will deduct your part funds and the rest would be for transport agency so that all paperworks or any document concerning the shipment will be done to make the transaction complete.

I want you to get back to me with all the necessary information listed below in order to make out the payment.

{1} FULL NAME :- To be written on the payment

{2} FULL ADDRESS :- To send the payment to in Full

{3} CITY : --- ??

{4} STATE : --- ??

{5} ZIP CODE : --- ??

{6} LAST ASKING PRICE : --- ¤

{7} PHONE NUMBER { MOBILE PHONE / HOME PHONE } : --- ??

{8} OFFER ........... 100 EURO { FREE FOR YOU }

I will ensure that you receive payment atleast within 6 to 7 working days , I am Interested in purchasing the Car from you Okay.I await your Payment details .

Regards,

Williams Andrew

AM I RIGHT TO BE SUSPISIOUS OR IS IT GENUINE IN YOUR VIEW.

pmsl. are they still at it. these idiots have been around for years. send a reply asking if he will deposit his money into you great great great uncles wifes sisters daughters hamsters account, but tell him not to forget a little extra for a packet of nut sticks. i hate these fookers, they get on my tits.

under no circumstances should you contact or ever do a deal with this sort of response to an advert you have placed on the internet. You will get ripped off and even if it all seems great you will get stung. :smash:

You have been warned mate. :D

Further more I would consider reporting it to the police mate???

lol the email is littered with terrible grammar - it even says State and Zip Code! congratulations sir, you are winner of cash-prize! all we need to deposit the monnies in your account is your account number and sort code...

attachment.php?attachmentid=42915

.. And cousin Benson will transfer the monnies immediatelies :D

Its deffo a scam mate, i had the same thing a few years back when this sort of thing started surfacing. I advertised my mates car for £12k i received a bankers draught for £15k and was supposed to send the £3k via western union transfer to pay for the "shipping". It was the guy at Lunn Polly who was going to do the western union thing told me it was a scam and that i'll never get the money, he was more surprised when i showed him the £15k and that was after it had cleared 5 days later, we went to the cops and they said no crime had been committed so we went back to the bank who insisted it was all above board, we even talked to the manager who assured us the money was ours, eventually we persuaded his to take the money back but he only agreed to that by opening an account for us and putting the money in that. A week later the bank called to say the bankers draughts were stolen.