Baby Seat that fits!

How old's the baby ?

Mines currently 8 months and I'm having to switch the Gracco rear facing seat things from back seat of the beema to front seat of the Z now and then.

I have lap belts on the back but I did pick up some three pointers which I need to fit.

Maxi Cosi is the posh one that all the star have right ? :D

I have just bought a Britax Evolva 1-2-3 that seems to fit in place ok, but the seatbelt is a bit short (3 point). Once I sort that though I will take some pictures to post up. The problem I had was finding a seat that was 'shallow' enough not to hang over the front edge of the back seat, this one seems fine however.

Did you guys have to fill the bucket with a cusion or something ?

What I did was to re-locate the buckle part of the rear seat belt, so it comes out between the seat base and the seat back- it does spoil the look of the seat a bit, but at least it works. That way the car seat fits perfectly in the bucket and is actually more secure than it is in our Ford Focus ! The best fit is the Maxi Cosi Priori - and believe me we tried loads !! I can try and take some pics this weekend if you are interested ?

Pics would be great.

What age did you guys move your kids from rear facing to car seat ?

At the moment she's still in her rear facing but it would be ideal if we could leave that in the Beema and have a car seat in the 300zx for when she's ready. The was the wife can actually sit in comfort in the front seat.

Did you guys have to fill the bucket with a cusion or something ?

Yes, I did, but I actually used a folded blanket for now as there is less 'give' than there is with a cushion. I intend making something firm that fills the bucket to effectively give a flat surface for the seat to sit on.

Yes, I did, but I actually used a folded blanket for now as there is less 'give' than there is with a cushion. I intend making something firm that fills the bucket to effectively give a flat surface for the seat to sit on.

Bin Liner and Filler foam come to mind :)

Pics would be great.

What age did you guys move your kids from rear facing to car seat ?

At the moment she's still in her rear facing but it would be ideal if we could leave that in the Beema and have a car seat in the 300zx for when she's ready. The was the wife can actually sit in comfort in the front seat.

We moved our daughter a little earlier than normal as she was getting too long to fit in her rear-facing seat !! I think you can put them in a forward facing seat from around 9kg (20lb).

With the maxi cosi priori you don't need to fill the bucket - the base of the seat is quite narrow and fits perfectly in the bucket - making it more stable. You do have to move the passenger seat forward for it to fit, but I still managed to get the wife in !!

I will try and take some pics this weekend.

I've given up trying to fit a rear-facing seat, did the 3-point belt conversion, along with filling a bin bag with expanding foam , but despite all of this the belt is just too f***ing short!!!!!! Have tried loads of different one's, even the girl in the baby shop admitted defeat!!!!! Zeds an import so the front seats not an option either 'cos the belts are in the door.

As daughter is now over 5 months I don't see the point in spending out on a new rear-facing seat - I'll wait until she's big enough for a forward-facing one.

Nice to know that others have had some success

Mines an import too.

To fit the rear facer in the front...

Leaving the door closed, I take the targa top off and open the window.

Lean in and strap in the base unit and adjust the tensioners.

Then put the cradle/seat in.

Then when I want to put my daughter in it I just have to open the passenger window and drop her in the seat. Mines 8 months old now and she loves the 300zx. She gets really excited in it and then falls asleep LOL.

Hey mate my little one is 18 mths. We had a britax rear facing one first which went in the back of the porker just fine but never tried it in the zed as it didnt have rear three point seats but I'm sure it would have been fine.

The toby was the only one that the belt went round, clicked in and sat in the seat solidly etc that we could find.

• 2 weeks later...