Speakers for the Zed

Im just asking you peeps whats the better option?? Are 6x9's a good buy or would it be better to buy individual speakers for mid bass etc.... i have tweeters etc but was expanding to put in a sub and speakers. Just confused about what to do for the best. Does anyone know any good sites for installation know hows??

Cheers:nana2:johno

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've got a complete high quality audio system up for grabs in the For Sale section if you're interested :)

And trying to be unbiased, I definately agree with the good quality components over 6x9's comment though. A well set-up component+sub(s) combination will trounce 6x9's for SQ.

I just went for better quality standard size 16.5cm front and 6inx4in for rear. Sound miles better than the 8W Nissan jobbies that were in there. Plus, no messing with cutting the trim up or mdf templates.

Gee, 8Watt speakers..........cheers Nissan.

No, they weren't Sony, they were just some crappy unbranded ones.

When my car was imported it had both these speakers and the stock Jap radio. Swapped the radio out for a new head unit and managed to trash the stock speakers in about 2mins. Mind you, it's not hard when i saw they were 8w

bud what did you dremal cus i just got some 6x9s and they aint going in. In fact the only way they would go in is to dremel half the rear inner arch out. :rant:. how big was your magnet??

I got 6 by 9's in my boot, we had to use the dreamal to get them in, but the sound quality is amazing.. extremely clost when you close the boot but it doesn't stop the sound!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I made boxes under the rear carpet and put a set of Cerwin Vega 6x9's in there and they sound great, 400 watts with a 400watt kenwood amp.

The boxes are decent given the fact that it was all done in my back garden :rolleyes:

inch thick MDF sandwich with half inch top and bottom, i'll post some pics up when i get chance, i found it easier than starting modifying the existing speaker mounts and the airtight boxes make a huge difference!

http://www.z-forum.at/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1240&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This is a link to our austrian Z-site. There you can see my "doorpanel" in the front. I de-installed the rearspeakers, and for enough depth I installed a real flat woofer and a Hifonics Olympus 4channel amplifier in the trunk. I didn´t loose any volume in the trunk.

Link don't work bud. Would like to see!!;)

http://www.z-forum.at/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1240&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This is a link to our austrian Z-site. There you can see my "doorpanel" in the front. I de-installed the rearspeakers, and for enough depth I installed a real flat woofer and a Hifonics Olympus 4channel amplifier in the trunk. I didn´t loose any volume in the trunk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would love to see the pics bud;)

I made boxes under the rear carpet and put a set of Cerwin Vega 6x9's in there and they sound great, 400 watts with a 400watt kenwood amp.

The boxes are decent given the fact that it was all done in my back garden :rolleyes:

inch thick MDF sandwich with half inch top and bottom, i'll post some pics up when i get chance, i found it easier than starting modifying the existing speaker mounts and the airtight boxes make a huge difference!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi jonce,

Sorry, but I tested, and my clicking makes the link work (?)

Maybe you try http://www.z-forum.at

Then on the left side "FOREN"

Then go down to "Z-UMBAUTEN"

and there you will find "UMBAU PATRIX´"

Will take you a minute, that should work.

If it also fails, send me a pm with your email, I´ll send you some pics...

Bye, Patrick

Looks like i have to be a member.

Hi jonce,

Sorry, but I tested, and my clicking makes the link work (?)

Maybe you try http://www.z-forum.at

Then on the left side "FOREN"

Then go down to "Z-UMBAUTEN"

and there you will find "UMBAU PATRIX´"

Will take you a minute, that should work.

If it also fails, send me a pm with your email, I´ll send you some pics...

Bye, Patrick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]