New exhaust thanks to djtomo

My standard back boxes where completely f@cked. I had quotes for around the £1000 mark for a full new system, and money is a bit tight at the minute.

Anyway thanks to djtomo got a cat back system cheap as the company he bought his from had sent him a swb system by mistake.

Heres some pics.

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

(Camera phone pics)

Eventually i want a standard looking system double twin, but this will do for now.

Now i just have to get organised and get my engine sorted out for rebuild.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Coopers-SWB

Where did you get the exhaust from in the first place djmoto?

Been after one for a while and they seem like rocking horse excriment.

Typically you get sent one by mistake.

Darrell

• 4 weeks later...

Djtomo, any chance of sending me the details of where you got this exhaust from originally and how much it set you back? I need a mid-section for my zed but depending on how much a cat back system would cost I'd consider replacing the lot cat back. What's the best option for a SWB zed considering I'm not really looking for something loud. Want it to be nice and quiet when cruising but give a nice purr when you give it some ;)

It wasnt the best fit thought, had to do some modification.

What mods did you have to do to get the system to fit?

Cheerz,

Vern

Guest Coopers-SWB
Djtomo, any chance of sending me the details of where you got this exhaust from originally and how much it set you back? I need a mid-section for my zed but depending on how much a cat back system would cost I'd consider replacing the lot cat back. What's the best option for a SWB zed considering I'm not really looking for something loud. Want it to be nice and quiet when cruising but give a nice purr when you give it some ;)

Cheerz,

Vern

Think he got it off ebay. They sent him the wrong one, SWB instead of 2+2. They did have one more but that went a few weeks ago, I missed out on it as well.

They don't seem to have anymore at the moment however, I have looking myself. I think the Z centre do a centre section if you are looking for just that.

Darrell

Cheerz Darrell. Yeah I've seen the ones on Z Centre's website but I'm just a bit concerned that if I bought that it might not fit properly because I haven't got a clue who makes the rear section that is on the car at the moment and the the rear section on the car might not be compatible with a Z Centre midsection if it's a different length or the bends are at different angles etc. I can't find a makers name anywhere on the one that is on the car :(

CheerZ,

Vern

Cheerz,

Vern

To get it to fit to the cat i had to drill out the cat holes quite a bit. Also some of the hangers needed bending into the right places.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]