Autobox problem(again!!!)

It's started all over again.......the first box went and i had an uprated one put on then engine went so put another one in. To add insult to injury the auto box is fookin up again. I dont rag it but just suffer bad luck.

Whats happening is all forward gears are good, just that when i sometimes put it into reverse the car feels like the brakes are on. It drags bad.:cry: Also when this has happend i put it in neutral and the car creeps forward.

Is there any relation with reverse and neutral. Ive self diagnosed but results were good so clutchs or solinoid on way out i think:cry::cry::cry:

And im in Holland again ffs!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Coopers-SWB

Sounds more like the clutch to me than the box.

Wouldn't quote me on that though.

Good luck with it.

Darrell

Bud so that must mean i dont need a full rebuild.:cry: I cant find anyone who had these symptoms. Will consult show this??

one of the solenoids is sticking in the box so the car is trying to go forward and back at the same time and thats why in neutral it creeps forwards !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its auto buddy, i wish i had a clutch it would be cheaper:cry:

Sounds more like the clutch to me than the box.

Wouldn't quote me on that though.

Good luck with it.

Darrell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's started all over again.......the first box went and i had an uprated one put on then engine went so put another one in. To add insult to injury the auto box is fookin up again. I dont rag it but just suffer bad luck.

Whats happening is all forward gears are good, just that when i sometimes put it into reverse the car feels like the brakes are on. It drags bad.:cry: Also when this has happend i put it in neutral and the car creeps forward.

Is there any relation with reverse and neutral. Ive self diagnosed but results were good so clutchs or solinoid on way out i think:cry::cry::cry:

And im in Holland again ffs!!!!

Mine does the same in reverse sometimes, but does it more when cold the box is fine just the weird reverse thing?! No idea why it does it, its been doing it for two years and hasent got any worse. Hope someone has an answer to this one???

I think its because the box is trying to select two clutches at the same time, or a clutch and a band, so generally a "control" problem as opposed to a mechanical problem.

Can also be caused by sticking valves in the valve body. If you phone someone who knows they will tell you.

Who knows matey. Have you any contacts???

I have just come back from Holland and the car is running sweet. Nothing wrong in forward. Im going to search for help now. Just dont wanna get ripped off again!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:cry:not again!!! Im having flash backs!!!! Past memories are coming to my for- most thoughts.................................I need therapy!!! Do they do it on the NHS!!?? Fook it......................i'll av a whisky, thats a start.:duffer:

Its been ok today!!!???:rant:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Changing the oil is pointless, unless you also drain the converter, which is hard to do, and make sure all of the crap is also removed from every other nook and cranny.

And if its a solenoid, changing the oil is even more pointless, In My Humble Opinion.

If you ring Ken at STA, get the number from 118118, he is in Aylesbury, he will tell you whats what.

Further, if changing the filter is something that needs to be done because its semi blocked your box has had it anyway.