Wide arch tyre sizes

What size of rear tyre's are the Wide arch members running? I have 3 piece 10x18" alloys going on the back which need new tyres. Trouble is i dont know what width of tyre would be best.

Also, does the offset of the alloys affect what size of tyre will fit under the wide arch?

Lastly, will i need a spacer with 10x18" alloys with a wide arch kit?

What size of rear tyre's are the Wide arch members running? I have 3 piece 10x18" alloys going on the back which need new tyres. Trouble is i dont know what width of tyre would be best.

Also, does the offset of the alloys affect what size of tyre will fit under the wide arch?

Lastly, will i need a spacer with 10x18" alloys with a wide arch kit?

As Mario says.. It all depends on your rear wheel 'off-set'..

My rear wheels are only 10.5j but are -4 offset 275/30/19 tyres, so only require small spacers, but could get away with no spacers, it depends how offset you like your wheels to look.

Will check the Offset tommorrow. I could only run 255's on the rear due to arch rubbing when i tried 265's. This was when it was standard. Im assuming that they are quite an aggressive offset in this case, if that makes sense!

The rear alloys are 29 offset and the fronts are 35. What recommendation in tyre sizes would be most suitable for under the wide arches? and what size would i then run on the front to keep rolling radius the same?

You need to read the comments above, the offset only limits your tire sizes with standard arches, with a wide arch the lmit is the width of the rim. So 285/295 is about right for a 10" rim.

Rolling radius is the height of the alloy/tire, not the relationship between front & rear. You want to run a 30 profile with 285 on 18" to keep the size the same as stock. However, you might want to run a slightly taller 35 profile to fill the wide arches better.

• 5 months later...

I have looked at the Tyre size calculator and i am thinking 295/30/18 on the back and 235/40/18 on the front. Do you think that this is an ok pairing?

I am looking at Falken FK452 tyres, has anyone got experience of them? I used to run FK451's on my old Z.

So 285/295 is about right for a 10" rim.

Rolling radius is the height of the alloy/tire, not the relationship between front & rear. You want to run a 30 profile with 285 on 18" to keep the size the same as stock. However, you might want to run a slightly taller 35 profile to fill the wide arches better.

As said above, I run a 10" rear, 9" front with no spacers. But they are custom 3 piece rims ordered with the correct offset so the wheel sits right out into the arch.

Did have a 275/35/18 on the rear but it looked a bit streached so fitted a 285/35/18 which sits nice on the rim and fills the arch a bit more as slightly bigger profile. could have gone to a 295 but looking at the 285 I think it would have looked balloon like on the rim, I guess it depends a bit on what brand of tyre you fit?

Good to hear from you again Alan! I have also got a set of 17" original Strosek OZ Futura alloys which are about to come back from the refurbishers. I was thinking about fitting them, however i dont think my AP brakes will fit under them.

CROESO, the Falkens i fitted on my old Z definetely looked stretched so i am hoping that the 295 should sit ok. I was just a bit concerned that the 235's may be slightly narrow compared to the width of the rear tyres. I see you are running 245's on the front. My front offset is 35 do you think i could get away with 245's?

yep running 245 45 17 front and 265 40 17 on rear. 315 or 295 would look good with no problems. If you can get them as they are odd sizes on a 17" diameter.

what you need is the tyre comparison table regarding inch up, this will give you the running diameter as well as the percentage width in mm, then you can decide which way you want to go, with minimum risk.

And yes i havent been around for a while, must get to resub some time lol

Allan

Good to hear from you again Alan! I have also got a set of 17" original Strosek OZ Futura alloys which are about to come back from the refurbishers. I was thinking about fitting them, however i dont think my AP brakes will fit under them.

CROESO, the Falkens i fitted on my old Z definetely looked stretched so i am hoping that the 295 should sit ok. I was just a bit concerned that the 235's may be slightly narrow compared to the width of the rear tyres. I see you are running 245's on the front. My front offset is 35 do you think i could get away with 245's?

Am I running 245's?? how did you know that? err did you get that from my rides section? if so thats wrong. should have a 245 but is now fitted with a 235 toyo proxes T1S and that looks stretched also but will go back to a 245 when they need replacing.

I dont even know what the offsets are on my rims but have it written down somewhere, will try and find it and post up.

Have a look at this pick of my car at the pod as you get a good view of how the tyres look, they dont look narrow when the cars stationary but the maybe a bit in the piccy. But the second pic you can just see the stretch on the front tyre.

th_rotostock5018.jpg

th_PICT0513.jpg