Front Splitter/diffuser

Guest deve8uk

Guest deve8uk

cheers jaffa. seen that, but it needs to go back under the engine. the stock undertray is for more than keeping water out, its actualy a diffuser but my bumper does not allow it to fit.

might have to change to a stillen gtz

cheers jaffa. seen that, but it needs to go back under the engine. the stock undertray is for more than keeping water out, its actualy a diffuser but my bumper does not allow it to fit.

might have to change to a stillen gtz

Hi mate!

This is not directly advise on how to make one or where to obtain said splitter but I've got a customer who's recently had a front splitter made for his NSX. The splitter ran from the front of the bumper to between the front wheels thereby also creating a smooth and enclosed area under the front of the car. What he did was made the template from a thin sheet of aluminium (easy to cut and bend) and made sure all the bolt holes lined up and everything was in the right location. He then took it to a place that did fibre glass mouldings and had a prototype made up. After making the necessary modifications a mould was made and the final product made up in reinforced carbon fibre. The whole process took about two months and cost a small fortune but he's got a unique product. Beware that the price of CF has risen dramatically this past year and to construct a splitter and undertray in this material is likely to cost a fortune.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but at least it's something to think about.

ATB

Dan

Guest deve8uk

hi dan

yep, was going to do similar but wanted either a company that already does them or a know how. bought a book today that goes over aerodynamics so might get some tips.