New Z!

Our new NA arrived this afternoon and boy is she a beauty.

The bodywork and interior is in even better condition than my own Z when I originally brought her over and she was an Exterior Grade 4.5 and Interior Grade B! The only exception is the rear spoiler which, like every other Z32 on the planet, has suffered from cracking due to the foam core/water problem, so I'll be taking that off in the Spring, filling the holes and getting her rear-end colour matched and the rest of the paintwork mopped to bring it up as good as new ready for Summer.

The only serious problem that needs to be addressed is the misfire, but hopefully, with a bit of luck she'll be running right as rain soon. Fingers well and truly crossed of course ;)

She also came to us with a few of the more obvious upgrades taken care of : Apexi filter, JD ECU and an aftermarket twin exit exhaust system that, on an NA, sounds absolutely gorgeous. There's also a few nice touches such as the cleared side repeaters and aftermarket headunit and speakers. All in all, she's a great, OEM look Z, and aside from a new set of shoes sometime next year, that's how she's going to stay (honest, lol! ;))

All in all we're chuffed to bits...particularly Lucie who's car it essentially is now ;) Her insurance is going to be a bit of a killer due to age and lack of driving experience but with the Landy now up for sale ( *sob*...I love my truck! :( ) we'll hopefully soon have enough to be able to afford it!

I have to say a big thank you to petey099. Great seller and a pleasure to deal with throughout...cheers mate if you're reading this...and if it does turn out to be a coilpack, I'll give you fair warning on my post beforehand so you can look away! :D ;)

I also have to say another big thank you to Stevie007 for putting me in touch with perhaps one of the best car transporter guys I've ever used. If anyone ever needs their pride and joy moving, give Gary a call and you'll have the peace of mind in knowing that it's being moved by a professional who not only knows what he's doing but, unlike most cowboy firms, cares about the cars he's transporting. Here's his Ebay advert: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-PICKUP-TRANSPORT-DELIVERY-COLLECTION-RECOVERY_W0QQitemZ120183815300QQihZ002QQcategoryZ317QQcmdZViewItem

To be absolutely honest, I now wouldn't use anyone else (in fact, John and I are hoping to use him again to move John's Z back to Kidderminster just while my garage and workshop has a refurb).

To say we're excited with our new Z is an understatement! :D

Great news Leigh - hope the misfire is sorted easily. :D

How's the website coming along???

Cheers mate! :D

Stu's doing a great job! Last time we spoke he sent me 3 site samples which all looked damn good. This week I'm trying to finalise the graphics/artwork and photography that we'll be using so he can work his coding trickery and incorporate them. I think it's turning into a win-win scenario for both of us as hopefully he'll end up with an addition to his portfolio that will showcase his talents and hopefully secure him good business in the future and I'll have a site that's eye-catching, professional and importantly, enables people to hear my music which is what it's all about! Big thanks to you for putting us in touch matey, I definately owe you a :duffer: sometime! (not to mention a thank you in the album sleeve notes! :D ;))

Well done Leigh. I was looking at that myself... Wot a bargain.

I hope it is only something simple like a coil pack but if a compression test reveals further woes then I have a sound late low mileage NA engine surplus to requirements now. I was going to use it to repair my black 2+2 NA but I have decided to scrap it instead. Engine was removed in perfect order from a 94 car.

Well done Leigh. I was looking at that myself... Wot a bargain.

I hope it is only something simple like a coil pack but if a compression test reveals further woes then I have a sound late low mileage NA engine surplus to requirements now. I was going to use it to repair my black 2+2 NA but I have decided to scrap it instead. Engine was removed in perfect order from a 94 car.

Pete, that's seriously good to know, thanks chap! I'll go through the usual suspects of coilpack, PTU and injector connections then when JD comes over, run a compression test...while keeping fingers and toes firmly crossed! I hope it's not anything major as with the wedding on the horizon, funds are melting away quicker than a chocolate teapot but if it's got to be a new engine then, as an evil emperor once said, so be it Jedi...;)

Love that feeling leigh! best of good luck with it :)

Cheers matey! I'd forgotten what driving a Z felt like TBH...seeing one that actually moves without having to push it is bloody weird I tells ya! Lol! :D ;) Long time no speak btw, hope things are good with you and yours! :)

Our new NA arrived this afternoon and boy is she a beauty.

I also have to say another big thank you to Stevie007 for putting me in touch with perhaps one of the best car transporter guys I've ever used. If anyone ever needs their pride and joy moving, give Gary a call and you'll have the peace of mind in knowing that it's being moved by a professional who not only knows what he's doing but, unlike most cowboy firms, cares about the cars he's transporting. Here's his Ebay advert: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-PICKUP-TRANSPORT-DELIVERY-COLLECTION-RECOVERY_W0QQitemZ120183815300QQihZ002QQcategoryZ317QQcmdZViewItem

To be absolutely honest, I now wouldn't use anyone else (in fact, John and I are hoping to use him again to move John's Z back to Kidderminster just while my garage and workshop has a refurb).

To say we're excited with our new Z is an understatement! :D

Glad I could be of some help..