autobox problem

Hi, I've joined this site due a gearbox problem with a zx that I own. I sold the car in good working order but unfortunately it came back four days later with a so called "blown gearbox". I was rather surprised as a new one had been fitted in February and had only done a few hundred miles since.

Basically the gearbox wouldn't take up drive and just made a nasty scraping sound like two metal plates rotating against each other. A few days later, I went to collect it and for some reason it decided to go into gear and drove ok but still with a bit of a sraping noise. The gear change isn't quite so smooth now and i'm wanting to sell but obviously cant while it drives as it does.

I'm looking for advice as to what the problem is and how to fix, i'm not looking for offers to buy at silly a price.

If anyone can help I'll be more than grateful, regards, Julian :hurl:

to be honest, you would struggle to sell an auto zx at the moment anyway, let alone one that needs a gearbox for good money so i doubt you'll get too many offers! ;)

Have you checked the obvious? Fluids all correct? Is it the same in all gears? Try doing the gearbox diagnostic, been a few posts on here recently about it. Search is your friend!