bulb type

am i right in thinking that the z takes h3 dipped beam bulbs it is a uk spec tt by the way

Thanks

Si

That is correct! (It's the import that takes H3C)

Plus H1 bulbs for the main beam.

Best bet is to fit upgraded bulbs or, if you can, buy a set of HIDs from Danny (DTA in the traders forums); he does a conversion kit for just under £100 delivered.

Richard ;)

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Best bet is to fit upgraded bulbs or, if you can, buy a set of HIDs from Danny (DTA in the traders forums); he does a conversion kit for just under £100 delivered.

Richard ;)

so whats the differance between h3 and h3c uk-jap bulbs

The fitment.

H3 - One spade at the base and an extra wee dangly wire bit.

H3C - Has a soild base with 2 spades side-by-side. (they are slightly harder to get a hold of, unless you refer to them as R..something...something...something bulbs then everyone seens to have them :D )

Richard ;)

Be very wary of the US supplied kits as they often state H3 fitment and then send you a HB3 fitment (which is not the same). Also, 4300K is not readily available (for aftermarket kits) in this country should a bulb fail and require replacing. You're better off buying a 6000K kit for which I can supply bulbs to fit most Chinese, Korean and Japanese manufactured kits (the connectors are not universal on these kits).

Aside from the above, you'll need to add import duty/vat to the kit price (allow for around 22% plus £10~£15 handling fee for the agent). As of late customs and excise have taxed every single consignment sent to me from the US and Asia ... used to only catch every other consignment :(

HTH

Dan