more power mods

right then i have a uk H reg tt,i am in the middle of replacing the head gaskets,i have sent the heads away for crack teating and possilbe very light skim if needed,the car has no cats and a after market stainless exhaust fitted,cone foam air filters,large front mount intercooler,was told when i got it it had a uprated chip but not sure,alloy rad with eletric fan mod,lightweigth crank pully and air con removed.i have already ordered some parts,cometic metal headgaskets,new belt kit and idlers,arp headbolt kit,egr valve blank off kit,the car runs standard turbos and boost as far as i know,have been told the standard fuel pump is good for up to 550bhp but was thinking that if i remove the standard fuel pressure reg and split the front rubber fuel rail connecting pipe and put a brass T piece in and then one the other end and then into a new ajustable pressure reg i should be able to make the standard 370cc injectors flow abit more(400cc)and also this will stop the fuel pressure drop on number 6 injector,i have done this on my impreza as its called a parallel fuel rail mod,also i am going to fit a blitz sbc boost controller to tweak the boost a little,can anyone tell me what a 300zx tt runs standard boost,also what the standard fuel pressure is at idle with the vacuume disconected.cheers

Guest andyduff

Stock boost without solenoids open is 7psi, solenoids open its 9.5psi. Fuel pressure with no vac signal should be 3 bar :)

Stock fuel pump is good for a lot more than 550bhp ;) If you're doing the fuel rail mod make sure the ID of te t-pieces is sufficient to flow enough fuel :)

Stock boost without solenoids open is 7psi, solenoids open its 9.5psi. Fuel pressure with no vac signal should be 3 bar :)

Stock fuel pump is good for a lot more than 550bhp ;) If you're doing the fuel rail mod make sure the ID of te t-pieces is sufficient to flow enough fuel :)

cheers,have just been looking at the plemune(inlet manifold)water bypass mod,prvr valve removal mod,aiv system removal mod and the carbon can remove mod,worth doing i think as its all apart,regarding boost wise as the blitz comes with its own solinold should it be ok to run upto around 11 to 14.5 bar boost or do 300zx's have fuel cut built into the ecu if too much boost is sensed?

Guest andyduff

Boost cut does exist but only at silly boost levels :) If you're running more than 11psi its more than advisable to get the ecu chipped though. Plenty of people on here can supply you with either a custom chip, or an off-the-shelf job depending on your mods....

Boost cut does exist but only at silly boost levels :) If you're running more than 11psi its more than advisable to get the ecu chipped though. Plenty of people on here can supply you with either a custom chip, or an off-the-shelf job depending on your mods....

cheers for that,think i am also going to get rid of the pre cats that are still fitted just after the turbo and fit some stanless 2in1 downpipes which i have just found in the states,cheap too,