Alarm Needed

I am looking for an alarm and have seen 2 that interest me i know that Toad are very good and have seen this one on ebay just wanted to know what people think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOAD-STERLING-0NE-CAT-1-ALARM-SYSTEM-195-00-FITTED_W0QQitemZ270187849709QQihZ017QQcategoryZ75329QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have also seen this one on the internet which looks very good but am not sure of the make/model?? :confused:

http://www.incarsolutionz.co.uk/page22.html

What do people think??

Thanks.

sterling was bought out by toad quite a few years back, hence the link between the two, but both have been kept seperate companies. just for the record, a cat1 is an alarm & immobiliser in one unit, a cat2 is just an immobiliser, and a 2 to 1 upgrade is just an alarm unit which is fitted to a vehicle that already has a thatcham approved immobiliser.

i bought my own toad cat1 which cost £90 trade.

it is possible that you have a cat2 as they had a short run of thatcham approved cat2 alarms a few years back. didnt seem to last long though. i am a toad approved installer but been out of the game for a few years now, so not kept up with what has been released. for every alarm or immobiliser, it costs the manufacturers around £10k each model to get a thatcham approval.