Hi all new member in a spot of bother

Hi all this is my first post got my 300 about 3 weeks ago and last week i had a bit of a problem the heater matrix had gone just took it out today 4 1/2 hours later its out wot a mission now all ive got to do is fine some one to mend it. I would hate to think how much it would cost if a garage took it apart for me does anyone know where i can get a new one or repaired local ish im in chichester west sussex cheers chris............

Welcome

If you do find one (saw one on fleebay few months back but unknow history) let us know what it costs. Mine has been bypassed so i have no heat aircon work though which would bother me more not to have. Doesn't really bother me no heater as it's not daily drive but would be nice to know what it would cost

Cheers for that will let you know wot it cost's shoulded be that much but you never know found some one local so will pop in there tomorrow and see wots wot...

Im just down the road from you, in East Preston, Littlehampton. If you want a hand give me a bell, and i will try and pop over. If not then its nice to see another Sussex memeber.

07746 476085 or 01903 774378

Stu

Guest Coopers-SWB

Welcome to the nuthouse buddy. To be honest as legarth says you are probably better off getting a new one. As you have discovered it is a ball ache totake out and replace sowhy take the risk of a second hand one going wrong in a few thousand miles. They aren't that much more expensive for the piece of mind you get.

Good luck with it.

Darrell

Hi all this is my first post got my 300 about 3 weeks ago and last week i had a bit of a problem the heater matrix had gone just took it out today 4 1/2 hours later its out wot a mission now all ive got to do is fine some one to mend it. I would hate to think how much it would cost if a garage took it apart for me does anyone know where i can get a new one or repaired local ish im in chichester west sussex cheers chris............

Get a new one as the others have suggested! No point fitting a used one after all that hassle to only find in a few months or so it gone again!

Do yourself a favour mate, dont buy a 2nd hand one and donnt get it repaired, a new one is the only way to go i found that out the hard way believe me !

spot on advice buy a new one ,i bought a second hand matrix once ,even had it pressure checked and guess wat it still leaked 3 months later :slap:

do it right the first time and save youself the grief and hassel.

and oh bye the way welcome to the club

Cheers for the warm welcome well i have just brought a second hand one as the repairers had'nt got back to me and it cost me 29 quid but the repairers rung today and said it couldnt be repaired and the could sell me a pattern one for 64 plus the vat and i rang nissian yesterday and they wanted 292 for one so ive done it all wrong but im still going to buy a new one from the repair place and the second hand one im going to frame just to remind me wot a cow of a job to do but thanks again for all you advice and help!!!!!

got a new one today rad repair place couldnt get the same size this new one is 4mm wider at the ends so i did a small mod and split the heater box apart and now it fits lovley cost me 81 quid all in well happy just now ive got a long road ahead now to fit the heater box and the rest back in the car now