different diameter wheels speedo readings

a wile back i went on a link from this forum about a speed difference calculator for different size wheels where you put your standart sizes in and new size and it told you the speed difference to expect so you know what speed you are actualy doing does any one know the link please

Simon

Guest Brian Corish

Just thought I'd let you know that the Zs speedo overreads quite badly anyway, so putting bigger wheels on it might actually help matters.

I was alongside my dads toyota soarer which has a digital clock, and at an indicated 120mph, we were actually doing 112mph.

I was alongside my dads toyota soarer which has a digital clock, and at an indicated 120mph, we were actually doing 112mph.

Just cos its digital doesnt mean its more accurate!! most cars will overread a certain amount.

Holden HSV was indicating 200 mph with test equipment reading 170!!!! tested in Autocar mag

------------------

I feel the need, the need for speed!

myzx2.jpg

I've just had the sensor replaced on the gearbox - the car is limited and used to max out at about 110 - it now goes 120 ! bloody brill if you ask me, 10mph more performance just from changing the speed sensor !

Hairsy,

I've just bought a Blitz i-D Power Meter which includes a speed display mode. Any chance I can borrow your GPS at Billing or some other time to calibrate the Power Meter to a true reading as I have just had a speed convertor and larger wheels fitted so the stock speedo is going to be way out.