Crystal Clear Indicator Issues

I noticed that one of the pieces of lens was missing from one of my front indicators.

Rather than try to find a replacement piece of lens, i decided to get whole new crystal clear fitments.

These have arrived, but there are a couple of issues i'd appreciate running by the helpful folks here:

-Any tips on fitting this? I tried removing the original lenses to have a look, but the screw just keeps turning and never comes out. Is there a bolt on the other side that is turning? Anyone have a how-to?

-The CC fitment has a hole for a sidelight bulb, while my original ones have this hole blanked out. I have checked the how-to on adding extra sidelights here (in the FAQ section here) and this seems like a good idea, but i'm not sure where i'd get the slot-in bulb holder that i'd need.

I noticed that one of the pieces of lens was missing from one of my front indicators.

Rather than try to find a replacement piece of lens, i decided to get whole new crystal clear fitments.

These have arrived, but there are a couple of issues i'd appreciate running by the helpful folks here:

-Any tips on fitting this? I tried removing the original lenses to have a look, but the screw just keeps turning and never comes out. Is there a bolt on the other side that is turning? Anyone have a how-to?

-The CC fitment has a hole for a sidelight bulb, while my original ones have this hole blanked out. I have checked the how-to on adding extra sidelights here (in the FAQ section here) and this seems like a good idea, but i'm not sure where i'd get the slot-in bulb holder that i'd need.

The two screws go into a fixed nut - it is likely that the thread is stripped. If it keeps turning you should be able to pull the offending screw out using a pair of needle-nose plyers.

You can use the bulb holders for side repeaters. These are commonly found on many nissans and your best bet is to have a look at a local scrappy.

HTH

Dan

OK thanks.

One thing i noticed is that the original ones have only 1 middle screw, whereas the replacements have two, top and bottom.

Is this a difference between models, or has someone maybe put a different fitment on in the past, hence the screw acting up?

OK thanks.

One thing i noticed is that the original ones have only 1 middle screw, whereas the replacements have two, top and bottom.

Is this a difference between models, or has someone maybe put a different fitment on in the past, hence the screw acting up?

I'm afraid I've only ever seen originals with two screws - never seen one with just one in the middle. Have you a picture of the item? Could help clarify things.

Dan