Twin turbo performance

Guest warren

Guest warren

I am about to buy a 300zx and need to know whether the extra expense and servicing costs associated with a twin turbo are compensated for by the difference in performance from a non-turbo.

Any help much appreciated.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest warren

how much will I need to spend to get a decent example? Looking at the autotrader site it looks like about £6000 for a 1991 example about 60000 miles. Agree?

Guest Falkirkfan2002

(In My Honest Opinion)!!

My TT was 7000 GBP, but it only had 36000 miles. Looking back, I've been done by the garage, I'll know next time.

Go for a TT!

I have in last 20 years drivin all types of cars and now having been a z32tt owner for 2 weeks they are amazing, in just love em,mind you it is knocking out around 400bhp but hey you only live once,get one!(mind you i have just paid out for new discs already, but what the hell)Tony

twin tub all the way, but make sure you get a well maintained one as they don't like being neglected . they like loads of money being chucked at them if you get a bad one, but you can't help loving the cars as they are sex on wheels and give u a buzz when booting them past all the gti's. ohh! and plan your routes via petrol stations.

only way to find out is to drive one and find out what suits you. Me, I'm besotted with my J-spec twin turbo manual but if you amble round this forum, you'll find people equally convinced that their NA / TT auto / convertible etc etc is perfect and miles better than (xxxxx).

If it's been well maintained, any Z will be better than any motor twice the price. I'm biased. But then I'm still in love after 2.5 years.

Warren if you're in Fleet and fancy a trip to Horton on the 23rd, check out the Slough II meet in events and come and have a look. If there are 10 Z owners there, I 'm sure we can find you 27 opinions!

Cheers - Gio

well it all depends on how much you are prepared to spend.

At the end of the day they just are not cheap to maintain no matter what anyone tells you.

They are great cars TT is the one to go for.

You pay for what you get.

You are still buying a car that whenit was new cost around £30k so expect to pay for maintanence ect of a car in that pice range.

You can get burnt really bad but when they work 100% they are the most amazing cars to drive.

------------------

bacground_final.jpg

YOU LAG YOU DRAG

Gio,

Thanks for including the convertabubble reference was only kidding ya before mate.

Warren Yeah go for it mate the TT has breathtaking performance, take it easy though, I cut many people out of their cars who think they can handle them!

Mark

Twin tub is an amazing car but they need to have been serviced properly. I though my was until it blew up, should have got someone from the forum to check it over with me before I bought it... won't make that mistake again. Don't underestimate the running costs, they are exspensive to run but well worth it.... After all I want to buy another smile.gif

Guest jvnewcomb1961

TT, superb car, superb engine, expensive if they go wrong, very fast and can be made much faster, can ber very expensive to run, very sexy, parts can be expensive, real head turner and the ladies luv them, oh did mention that they are expensive to run, drive, repair, etc? WORTH EVERY PENNY FOPR THE SMILE ON YOUR FACE WHEN YOU BOOT IT AND THE FROWN ON THE FACES OF PEOPLE YOU PULL AWAY FROM!

------------------

jn300tn.jpg

"Polished on drive"

156mph.jpg

"Dirty at 156mph"

---------------

Z first and anything else is secondary and live life a quarter mile at a time!

John Newcomb (NukeEm)

www.geocities.com/jn300zxtt