Windows steaming up?

Do the windows steam up at this time of year on all zeds (ooh ahh madam)!!! No seriously tho, is it coz of the weather, or is there a problem with my car? Quite often the windows mist over and I have to put air con on, that clears it quickly. Then when I turn air con off they steam up again pretty quick, is this normal, or do you think it could be that something (coolant) is leaking somewhere? This doesn't seem to always happen, but quite often. Also, I seem to think that I can smell coolant or something, but no one else seems to be able to, so don't know if it's just my imagination!!

Do the windows steam up at this time of year on all zeds (ooh ahh madam)!!! No seriously tho, is it coz of the weather, or is there a problem with my car? Quite often the windows mist over and I have to put air con on, that clears it quickly. Then when I turn air con off they steam up again pretty quick, is this normal, or do you think it could be that something (coolant) is leaking somewhere? This doesn't seem to always happen, but quite often. Also, I seem to think that I can smell coolant or something, but no one else seems to be able to, so don't know if it's just my imagination!!

just a thought...do you have the recirculation switched on? because that will help stop drawing damp wet air into the cabin from the outside

Polish the inside of the windows and check that you don't have a leak into the boot. the seals around the rear window are prone to fail, this causes the rear window to mist up. Also helps to air out the inside of the car by parking in in a garage with the windows open from time to time.

If the matrix is leaking the carpet around the footwells would probably be damp and smell rank.

HTH

No, not normal, unless you're wearing a wet coat ! Quite likely to be the heater matrix starting to leak !!!

Wouldn't it do it all the time if that were the case? I've just been out for a drive and it didn't do it at all! Maybe it is just when it's been raining, so it may be ok. If the matrix was starting to go, how fast would the coolant level go down, I've checked the carpets more than once, no wet there at all.

Its just because its warmer on th inside. Th warm air from your breath and body heat condenses on th cold windows. Like DaFox said, polish th inside of th windows, clean windows dont steam up as quick!Leave re-cric off, you want th outside air as it has a lower humidity.

HTH

Its just because its warmer on th inside. Th warm air from your breath and body heat condenses on th cold windows. Like DaFox said, polish th inside of th windows, clean windows dont steam up as quick!Leave re-cric off, you want th outside air as it has a lower humidity.

HTH

Agreed! I've had this in all sorts of car at this time of year! Turn your fan on and it'll go, like you have already said. I have no leaks, my matrix is fine, but if I've been driving the car and the conditions are right, if i leave it and return later it'll be steamed up. Start the car, turn the air-con on and it'll go, fact. But it'll return if the conditions are right ie; no air circulation and a damp atmosphere (your breath!) it doesn't need to be a leak.

If you use aircon a lot you will get condensation in the ducting and it can take an hour of good heat going through it to clear.

This happens to all my cars once you start looking a warmth after the warm weather.

Take her for a good blast and keep the heaters oh until she's clear. You'll ned to give all directions about 20 mins ie Feet Face and Screan. If it steams up after that then you got a leak somewhere.

Yes, its typical with wet cold weather. Unfortunatly the Series 1 heater controls are'nt ideal in that they dont send enough air to the windscreen vents most of the time which should keep the mist at bay....so you have to resort to using the window demister button at regular intervals.