Audi S2 Coupe

I had the 2.3 quattro, very nice car with no faults other than it eats brake pads/disks and tyres at a rate I couldn't believe which ends up being expensive. but apart from that a very solid drive with great handling. not as quick as you'd expect though and space inside is similar to the zed.

I had the 2.3 quattro, very nice car with no faults other than it eats brake pads/disks and tyres at a rate I couldn't believe which ends up being expensive. but apart from that a very solid drive with great handling. not as quick as you'd expect though and space inside is similar to the zed.

thanks Stevie,what it the difference between the S2 and quattro,as i've seen a few saying S2 Quattro and other just saying S2?

Paul.

As Paul C said I had one... Great car thay do cost alot to keep A1.

The engine is sweet very smooth. Early S2 had the AB engine 220bhp 5 speed. Then the later spec had the ABY engine 230bhp 6 speed. Steve I think you find that all S2 are 4wd (I maybe wrong).

There good to drive and very sure footed, steering is how would I say woody feel.

Still I could get the back out on my S2..

One more thing brakes are crap...! As I find out one evening.. :-)

Why did I sell my one, putting my mountian bikes in one it and kit just could not do it to such a nice car.. So I got a corrado VR6 which I have to say is a drivers car..

ok i have been into audis since i started driving

have owned every version of the coupe and a few 90's

s2 is a 4wd car, the early 5 gear( went to 6 speed in 92/93 ) avoid as the box is a bit pants and audi lowered the boost on the 5 speeds to protect the box, brakes on all models need upgrading no question, handling is good but the car is heavy on the suspension mounts and ball joints so check these, have had subframe bushes cause probs as well which makes the drive clunky

..........How are you two plus how's the zeds going

I'm good too, thanks Jay. ZX is going just fine as well. I don't use it as much as I should now, but I still try to give it a good blast once a week......

Richard :)

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: