Important: Get Signing To Save Top Gear

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed, over 8000 signatures now. Frankly as i have said else where i think it is disgusting that a terrible ACCIDENT (think about what this word means) is used to voice a frankly (often) ill informed / thought out opinion about the driving on top gear. In a time of nanny state, speed cameras and high fuel duty, what is wrong with skilled drivers on a private track in controlled conditions showing the people that WANT to watch what can be done.

If you don't like it don't watch, and as for the BBC, they keep telling us "down to the unique way we are funded", how about they get behind one of the best TV shows of recent years. Top gear is now so much more than just a car show (i mean watch 5th gear, its like watching top gear 10 years ago!).

It seems that mankind has been forced to loose its spirit of adventure, if anyone has an accident doing anything risky they get criticized and called irresponsible. Just over 40 years ago mankind was taking risks in all sorts of areas, world speed records, space race, mach7 aircraft trials the list gos on. In less than half my estimated life span are we saying we should all just curl up and adopt the pipe and slippers approach?

(I will get off my soap box now..)

im sorry but i wont be signing it, i think they are wreckless and the showhas realy gone down hill

used to be great, i like presenters especially clarkson, but the show isnt that good

Sory mate, your welcome to your oppinion but I think you need to sell the Zed and get a flower friendly eco warrior battery powered green machine if your views of TG are like that.

OK so TG is not the show it was 10 years ago, we have 5th gear for that, and the low down on how our grans Pension Runner will perform if loaded down with a hairy bloke and a load of shopping.

Sory, good and all that, but TG knocks the spots of it. If TG was to go, what else would be next? Blue Peter? beacuse all teh stunts would be canceled because they would be deemed to safe./

Sory mate, your welcome to your oppinion but I think you need to sell the Zed and get a flower friendly eco warrior battery powered green machine if your views of TG are like that.

OK so TG is not the show it was 10 years ago, we have 5th gear for that, and the low down on how our grans Pension Runner will perform if loaded down with a hairy bloke and a load of shopping.

Sory, good and all that, but TG knocks the spots of it. If TG was to go, what else would be next? Blue Peter? beacuse all teh stunts would be canceled because they would be deemed to safe./

its not the crash that has swayed my opinion, its the "lets build a car boat" and "lets get a caravan and upset all the other people on the raod"

i have lots of clarksons vids and i think that james may and the hamster are good presenters and they are funny

some of the things that they have done on the show are an absolute waste of time why the fook would i want to watch someone build a carboat then endanger the lives of themselves and others to see if they will float

if thats what you like maybe you should weld up the doors on your zed and drive it into a canal

I dont want reviews of normal cars, whats the point. They are all slow and boring and all the same.

I wanna see cars I can never own doing things I cant do. Much better :nana2:

The reason clarkson left the original Top Gear becaue he had to review an Astra and couldnt think of anything interesting to say about it.

"ill only sign if i get mr hammond at my dispoal for a night to do with whatever i please!!"

you can have me at your disposal for a nite weneva you want. will that do ya?

:hyper:

do you look like richard hammond or brad pitt?

I dont want reviews of normal cars, whats the point. They are all slow and boring and all the same.

I wanna see cars I can never own doing things I cant do. Much better :nana2:

spot on mate. we can see boring cars in the street all day long. this is a mix of hilarious entertainment and gas guzzling , rubber burning, sideways supercar mayhem. something we all want to do in our cars but cant afford the tyres or the points . lets face it , thats why we love zeds not poxy diesel people carriers. long live top gear and bo*****s to the pc brigade. imo. lol